cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Rate determination based on Billing Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am uploading Sales Billing Invoices through “BAPI_BILLINGDOC_CREATEMULTIPLE” without any reference to sales order. I am facing issues when system takes exchange rates when there is a difference in the billing currency and pricing master data currency. I need system should take exchange rate based on the billing date and not on the pricing date. For that in the VTFA I have maintained “C- Exchange rate determination according to billing date” this is working fine when my master data is maintained in the local currency, but when my master data is maintained in the foreign currency and I am raising invoice in the local currency then system takes exchange rates based on the pricing date.

I want to use exchange rate should determine based on the billing date even when price master is maintained in the foreign currency and billing is happening in the local currency.

I have tried to apply note "92613 -Determining price exchange rates for billing date" which say to write code in the VOFM routine but I am not able to write code in this as there is only one field of date “Pricing Date” from where system is picking exchange rate date.

How to achieve this?

Regards,

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kocakafaben
0 Kudos

Maintain the copying control for creating billing documents, in Customizing for Sales and Distribution (SD), by choosing Billing -->Billing Documents -->Maintain Copying Control for Billing Documents -->Copying Control: Delivery Document to Billing Document .

For each line item category affected, make the following settings:

• Copying Requirements: 364

• Data VBRK/VBRP: 360

• Pricing Exchange Rate Type: C (Exchange Rate Determination According to Billing Date)

0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu

The note 92613 allows you to overwrite the item pricing date (VBRP-PRSDT) with the header billing date and in doing so means the system carries out the currency conversion of the condition currency to Ccode currency using that date. KBA 1481238 provides good information of the different possible conversion during billing.

If you do not have the option to use the TVCPF routines to overwrite the pricing date it seems you will have to make sure the pricing date in the BAPI holds the date you want for the conversion, so you would need to prepare that date in your own program before the call to the BAPI I guess.

Just looking at the condition currency conversion in the pricing of a billing document.
You can see it here during billing: 

LV61AA43 -> FORM XKOMV_KWERT_ERMITTELN

* From condition currency into local curency

IF xkomv-waers NE komk-hwaer.

CALL FUNCTION 'CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY'

EXPORTING

date             = xkomv-kdatu

The system uses the xkomv-kdatu field value as the date for the currency conversion.
This date is filled from KOMK-PRSDT which in turn is filled directly from VBRP-PRDST

So without a modification of the standard code you will need to fill the pricing date in accordance with your exchange rate requirements

I hope this helps
Kind regards

Brian 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

There is a field "Service rendered date" in the billing document which generally supports the taxation calculation. May be you can try it for your scenario and let me know the outcome.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion which I have tested as per suggested but still system takes the pricing date for the exchange rate calculation.

If you have any other idea please share.

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

during VF01, key in pricing date same as Billing date.