cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development on AIX, production on Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have successfully installed SAP NW 7.4 Development server on AIX 6.1 with ORACLE 11.2.0.4.

Now our requirement is to install the production server on Windows Server 2012 R2(LOCAL installation).

Above landscape is supported by SAP?

I mean Development server is on AIX and Production server is on Windows platform?

Do this create any issues while transporting the requests etc?

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Amit,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

That configuration is supported, might create some minor problems (mainly on transport of files/directories access definition).

The differences in kernel versions, memory Mgt parameters might also generate extra admin work.

It is strange to put the dev box on a very powerful and costly infra as Aix and have production on Wintel that is supposed to be lighter and cheaper.

I've already seen DB server on Aix and AS on Linux, dev on  Wintel and prod on Aix but I've never heard of such a configuration.

If I were you, as I could not find any added value in having dev on Aix, I will migrate the dev and have my whole landscape on the same infra.

Best regards

28781 - Central transport directory NT/UNIX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, the above system is supported by SAP.  Transports will work ok.  The only problem you may have is that issues that are specific to the OS/DB will be different between the two systems.

Regards,

Graham