Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BWA Error code/ General search engine error

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

we are facing failure during rollup step in the process chain i've attached screenshot of the error. although i know workaround for this error by deleting indexes and recreating the same. however i would like to know what is the cause behind this.

Since index deletion & creation for some cubes takes time it impacts report performance so business start shouting hence if there is any way like to know how much approx time index activation will take? i know it depends on data volume but still sometimes it varies lot in spite of data volume,

if there is any way like this please share you expert inputs i am freaked with this from long time

Thanks & Regards,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, It will affects all the rollu ps running at some time.

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

as i said earlier unfortunately its impacting only one rollup not any specific one, so i was curious to know why this error will come and what is the cause behind this failure.

Regards,

Harish

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I think if the data volume is reasonable and at the same time resources in the systems are free. It should not take more than 1 -2 hours.

And also before deleting and creating indexes. Please check job NEWMD_INDEX job in SM37 running fine or any of them got stuck.

Thanks,

Priyanka

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

thanks for your reply.

as you said we need to check NEWMD_INDEX job before index creation/deletion i'll consider this point next time.

may be you are aware of it runs every 2 or 3 mins once based on the scheduling frequency hence what is the purpose of checking this before index creation/deletion?

Regards,

Harish

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Yes, It runs after every 2-3 minutes. But sometimes due to some reason this jobs got stuck hence running for long time and create locks. Because of this rolls ups fails.  This could be the one of the reason but not the only reason.

Thanks,

Priyanka

former_member184884
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In that case long run of NEWMD_INDEX job should impact on other rollups which are running at the same time please note same application data but for different countries load i am facing this error randomly. so i need concrete reason behind this failure.

Regards,

Harish