Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration for a custom (extended) fiori app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While integrating my custom app,I I'm stuck at the below error:

I have a created custom Fiori extension project (Zhcm_lr_cre of standard HCM app-hcm_lr_cre in eclipse using the method of replacing the comaplete view (because no extension point was available in that view by SAP ) and after this a custom BSP was created. I could test my BSP by directing calling the BSP service.

When I tried to integrate it by giving following parameters in LPD_CUST. My app could not start:

URL= "/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/Zhcm_lr_cre"

Application Alias = MyLeaveRequests

Additional Information: SAPUI5.Component=zhcm_lr_cre.ext

Tile Configuration in launchpad= User is assigned to a catalog ZHCM_EMP_CAT which has two tiles for my custom app

1-Applauncher 2-TargetMapping

Semantic Object=LeaveRequests (std object)

Launchpad Role=Z_role_LPD

Launchpad instance=TRANSACTIONAL

Application Alias= MyLeaveRequests (Same as standard)

Action= create

I am getting an error "Failure-Unable to start App"

Please advise.

Regards,

Navdeep Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to put in a possible solution for anyone who might come to this thread having a similar issue. We were having issues adding our extensions to the launchpad.

What we found is that when we created an extension project in the SAP Web IDE, it is built with the component.js file underneath a webapp folder. So, in LPD_CUST, we entered the Application Parameter -> URL as: /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/<extension project>/webapp/

and it worked for us.

Thanks,

-Kevin

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

1. Did you check the that required cases are small. Because if the cases are in upper case then it will give you the error. Please check the cases in the LPD_CUST.

2. Also please check the tile added by you should be static.

Please check and let me know.

Regards

Navdeep Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Thank you for the prompt response.

The tiles are static and in the LPD_CUST I have attached screen shot for the same as I have few upper cases as well please can you take a look at the screen shot which I have attached like all the config in the LPD_CUST should be in lower case ?

Regards,

Fenil.

Image for your reference:

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

In the bottom of the screenshot you will see that the additional information label is there. Can you please send me the full url which is like SAPUI5.Component=hcm.emp.myleave... Please send me this full url then I will let you know'

Regards'

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

The full url is SAPUI5.Component=hcm.emp.myleaverequests.Z_HCM_LR_CRE and also find the below image for the reference , 1 more thing while configuring the launchpad for the custom App I have used the action same as the standard Leave request Application so that ain't causing any problems right ?

Regards,

Fenil.

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Action is not a big problem.

I saw your URL that is not an issue.Can you please change your application alias with your custom application name like z_hcm_lr_cre

check and let me know .

Regards

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did that and now I am getting internal server error on the launchpad when I try to access that custom App and even my standard Leave request app ain't working after I have added the custom app with the changes If I remove the custom App then Standard App starts working without any problem.

Image for the reference

Regards,

Fenil.

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Let me check the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure and also wanted to intimate you regarding the error logs on Gateway Front end server I just get 1 error multiple times which is "Your user might not be configured properly; contact your administrator."

and nothing much of help from the error logs.

Reagrds,

Fenil

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

This is simple to solve it from which user you are log in is not authorized fro particular changes. User is not having the role, that's why you will see this error. Please check

Regards

Navdeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Thanks for your reply actually I resolved that issue as on frontend we need to add few files from the parent project as well which we can find out using the developer tools and just add that files and we are up and running with the extended app in Launchpad.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Fenil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

Could you please detail on what files have you added as i seem to be stuck at the same problem forever.

Thanks & Regards,

Haritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

Launch the application standalone from the Eclipse and go to developer tools in the webkit browser and there go to networks tab there you will find few files with 404 http status code copy those files from the standard fiori project to extended one and run the applciation from eclipes again see that those files returns 200 status code.

Regards,

Fenil.

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Haritha,

Is the problem solved?

Regrads

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Still couldnot get through the problem , In any case i had started a new thread .

Appreciate if you could help me on this.

Thanks,

Haritha

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

The application alias should be different for the extended app.

Please look at .

Understanding launchpad object relationship with screenshots

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

Thanks for the links,

I checked them and changed my configuration as :

URL= "/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/zhcm_lr_cre"

Application Alias = zhcm_lr_cre

Additional Information:

SAPUI5.Component=hcm.emp.myleaverequests.zhcm_lr_cre

I have also created a new tile with the role and the Application Alias have given the standard semantic object and same action which wanted.

I also tried to give the url as :  /sap/bc/bsp/sap/zhcm_lr_cre/webcontent/index.html

http://xxxxx/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html?sap-language%20=EN&sap-client...#LeaveRequest-createLeaveRequest

This is not working. Can you please check if this semantic object and action in the above link will work or here also I have to create a new object ?

Please help.

Regards,

Navdeep

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

How about configuration.js? It is important file to start app.

Please also share your finding what is actual error in browser inspect.

Regards, Masa

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

I couldn't find the configuration.js however the code from component.is as below:

1. jQuery.sap.declare("hcm.emp.myleaverequests.ZHCM_LR_CRE.Component");

// use the load function for getting the optimized preload file if present

1. sap.ui.component.load({

name: "hcm.emp.myleaverequests"

url: jQuery.sap.getModulePath("hcm.emp.myleaverequests.ZHCM_LR_CRE") + "/../HCM_LR_CRE" // provide parent project url

// we use a URL relative to our own component; might be different if

// extension app is deployed with customer namespace

});

1. hcm.emp.myleaverequests.Component.extend("hcm.emp.myleaverequests.ZHCM_LR_CRE.Component", {

metadata: {

version : "1.0",

config : {

"sap.ca.i18Nconfigs": {

"bundleName":"hcm.emp.myleaverequests.ZHCM_LR_CRE.i18n.i18n"

},

},

customizing: {

"sap.ui.viewReplacements": {

"hcm.emp.myleaverequests.view.S1": {

viewName: "hcm.emp.myleaverequests.ZHCM_LR_CRE.view.S1Custom",

type: "XML",

},

},

}

}

});

Please advise.

Regards,

Navdeep

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

It was my mistake. Component.js the right file you should look at.

Please also upload the screenshot for LPD_CUST entry.

Regards, Masa

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Please see the attached screenshot

Regards,

Navdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

your application alias in the screen shot starts with a Z in lpd_cust and when you defined your target mapping perhaps you have used std Application alias. this needs to match to the Z one.

Pls share screen shot for Target  Mapping too. thanks A

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this exact same problem. Were you able to resolve it?

former_member189237
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Currently I am working on an app which is approve leave request. I have already taken a copy of this application to customized the changes according to the customer. Also I have maintained the Arabic translation folder in the i<18n folder of the application. But I am not able to find the exact location of the search and cancel to translate them in Arabic version which comes under the approve and reject button which are given footer of this application. So please help me to sort out problem.

Regards

Navdeep Kumar

SAP Fiori Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navdeep,

Were you able to solve the above error as I am getting the same error and have lost almost 2 Days researching for the same and wasn't able to find the solution If you have solved the error can you share the solution for that error as it would be really helpful as I am struggling with this error.

Regards,

Fenil.