cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad Error: Failure - Unable to load groups Resolved!!!!

Akshay_G
Contributor

Hey Good Fellas,

This is a solution rather than a discussion, which i thought to do to with a kind generosity of spirit to give back to the community.

It gives me immense pleasure and happiness to write this particular post, because it is through SCN only i have been able to find the solution.

Ok, let's get down to the Business quickly, shall we?

I have been configuring Fiori App - Approve Purchase Orders. All the tasks for this have been done from SAP Help Site.

Recently I upgraded the ERP/Gateway (Its an embedded deployment) to EHP 7 and UI to SP09, post which the Fiori Launchpad started giving the below error.

If you look around the SCN, you will probably hit across these threads and so did I.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3571448

With the first thread, I tried everyone's solution and suggestions which had worked for others, but it didn't for me.

With second thread (Excellently posted by ), it started off with lots of efforts and double-checks applying all of these notes hoping that it would resolve the issue. But I had done all the steps 1-8 and still didn't get the solution.

Besides the above two mentions I did umpteen number of other ridiculous things like implementing this note, that note, De-implementing another of the notes and everything i found as possible solutions on the Web.

Now, the breakthrough here is checking the errors in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG. Well, on the browser it used to give error 'Failure - Unable to Load Groups' while at the server side, actual error was something unusual and remotely not related to what the error looked like in the browser. In the back-end, I was getting the error "Data Provider implementation 'ZINTEROP_MODEL_0001_BE' '01' 'DEFAULT' does not exist". And this is something i know how to correct.

So just keep looking for the errors in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG and shift your focus there. That's really a good place to trouble-shoot.

And for the record to take care of the error 'Data Provider implementation 'ZINTEROP_MODEL_0001_BE' '01' 'DEFAULT' does not exist' you have to assign the DPC (Data Provider Class) to DMC (Data Modelling Class) correctly by navigating to IMG - SAP Netweaver - Gateway - Former Development - Local OData Channel Development - Registration - Assign Data Provider to Data Model. There you define the Data provider with the correct Software Version and Voila you are all set! You don't have to worry about the duplicate entry with another Software version, your correct software version is the one you have defined in the System Alias which you are using inside the service, which is generally DEFAULT.

I am able to get inside the Fiori Launchpad now (I was quite at edge to really give up as all the possible solutions had been ruled out for me ) and do see the tiles of the apps configured.

I hope this is going to be a good take-away for others who are having Odata handling issues.

The floor is all yours now for your kind feedback. Be gentle with me, I am a very shy blogger.

Best Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In development system we have several clients this might be an issue because system alias assign made in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE is client dependent. If you do an initial setup on client 100 and  in parallel you use client 200 as sandbox then you have to replicate this configuration in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE.

Checking gateway logs on /IWFND/ERROR_LOG you'll see the following message:

"No System Alias found for Service 'ZINTEROP_0001' and user 'USER01'"

cheers

Fernando Figueiredo

Iheanyi
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had this same issue, checked SU53 and voila... user lacked authorization for calling the INTEROP service. Tried assigning SAP_ALL to user and launchpad works.

If u have this problem, be sure to check su53 too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Can you expand on what you did in this step:

"

And for the record to take care of the error 'Data Provider implementation 'ZINTEROP_MODEL_0001_BE' '01' 'DEFAULT' does not exist' you have to assign the DPC (Data Provider Class) to DMC (Data Modelling Class) correctly by navigating to IMG - SAP Netweaver - Gateway - Former Development - Local OData Channel Development - Registration - Assign Data Provider to Data Model. There you define the Data provider with the correct Software Version and Voila you are all set! You don't have to worry about the duplicate entry with another Software version, your correct software version is the one you have defined in the System Alias which you are using inside the service, which is generally DEFAULT.

"

I am seeing errors within the ERROR_LOG transaction but haven't been able to resolve thus far.

Thanks!!!

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

If you still have the error, this is what I did to resolve mines.

1) Goto SPRO - SAP Netweaver - Gateway - Former Development - Local OData Channel Development - Registration - Assign Data Provider to Data Model

2) Find out the entry for 'ZINTEROP_MODEL_0001_BE'

3) Copy that entire row in a notepad for all the fields

4) Create new Entry with all the fields, except change the Software Version to DEFAULT (As that's what missing for you'

5) Save and give that another try.

This is what I exactly wrote in my solution as well.

Akshay wrote:

A screen-shot perhaps helps you more.

Let the other duplicate entry with Software Version other than Default be there. Important is that the software version that you have defined in your alias must be the one over here.

Let me know how that goes?

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay, thanks for replying.

My ZINTEROP_MODEL_0001_BE identifier already had he software version of DEFAULT. Looks like my issue is something else!

Thanks for your time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to install Launchpad on ECC6 EHP5?

Thanks

A J

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Please share the situation that the launchpad was working before applying SAP_UI SP09 or it was not working.

I did not have any issue after updating SAP_UI SP09. INTEROP service is a part of SAP_UI but the tables for service activation is in Gateway side. I don't think SAP_UI add-on changed gateway customizing tables. If it was changed, SAP should fix it.

If it was not working before applying SAP_UI SP09, it is a basic configuration mistake for activating UI services.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Masa,

You are right about =>

Masayuki Sekihara wrote:

INTEROP service is a part of SAP_UI but the tables for service activation is in Gateway side. I don't think SAP_UI add-on changed gateway customizing tables.

The Fiori Launchpad used to work before we started the Big Upgrade EHP7+UI SP09. It certainly used to work before we did that and post upgrade the issue came. Hope that answers to your question.

Regards,

Akshay

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Akshay,  I would suggest to compile this contribution as a blog which might be a better fit than a discussion.

Regards,

Virinchy.

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Virinchy,

Danks for the suggestion, I have converted this to document Fiori Launchpad Error: Failure - Unable to load groups Resolved!!!!

-Akshay