cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure LCM on an Existing BI4.1 SP2 Platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have an environment of 4 VM 16GB RAM servers and we did not install the LCM  or any other component of version management on it when we first setup this environment. We do have a functional Promotion Management Tools on the environment. We need to deploy LCM with subversion on an existing installation. I need the steps or pointers as to how to go about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All the components in the SAP BI Platform can be re-added by the installer. On Windows go to the Programs and Features and select the BASE install (so if you're on 4.1SP02 Patch 2.3 but you started with BI 4.1 SP01, then you select SP01.) Then select the modify option. You should now be able to select the missing components.

--

Kind regards,

Patrick Bulteel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys I have bee able to resolve the issue. I am thinking of putting the steps and my learnings in a blog so that it can help others.

Thanks!

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

I have installed the subversion and have had the service and sia on the server where Subversion was installed configured. They are running ok.I have also created 2 shares on our LUN Drive hosted on another server. The 2 shares are one for LCM_repository and the other one for Checkout. here are the paths for the 2

\\clc2-nt-bi03d\Checkout

\\clc2-nt-bi03d\LCM_repository.

I have also attached a

1) screenshot of VMS settings from the CMC->Applications

2) screenshot of the LCMSubversion service and the SIA on the ccm on the server which has subversion istalled.

3) Screenshot of the error message which appears on clicking of the Version Management Option on the CMC.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

As per the error message it is looking for svn_repository on server clc2-nt-bi01d. If this is the server where BI 4.1 is installed then please look at below KBA and try to setup install path as mentioned in the note.

1735506 - Version Management fails to launch after upgrading to SAP
BI 4.0 SP04.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh

It seems I do not have the following folder:

<BO BIP INSTALLDIR> \ SAP Business Objects \ SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0 \ LCM_repository \ svn_repository \ conf

I have this folder but not anything uder it. I also copied this folder to a network share and created my own svn_repository folder.

Pls help.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

These folders are created at the time of BI 4.1 installation or should have added with Modify Installation as mentioned above.

The Install Path is "<BO BIP INSTALLDIR>\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\subversion" which contains all DLLs and EXEs related to Subversion.

The repository name is "svn_repository" which is located under "<BO BIP INSTALLDIR>\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\LCM_repository\svn_repository"

The svn_repository contains 4 sub folders in it. Conf folder is one of the sub folders here.

If you don't have these folders then I am not sure if the subversion is installed successfully after Modify installation on the server.

Please check and confirm whether the Subversion is installed on the local server first.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh

Thank you once again but how do I confirm that. I have service running successfully on the services.

If I browse the url :http://clc2-nt-bi01d:3690/svn_repository

I get

( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries commit-revprops depth log-revprops partial-replay ) ) )

As I mentioned earlier I do not have the subfolders under svn_repository. I had created the svn_repository under LCM_repository myself.

I really appreciate your effort and patience and thank you for responding.

Thanks!

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by Patrick, you can modify the installation to add a service which was not included in the initial installation.

If Windows, go to Control Panel -> Programs of Features or Add/Remove programs.

If Unix/Linux, launch modifyOrRemoveProducts.sh - found one level above the sap_bobj directory

Select the BASE BUILD installation - not a specific path and choose MODIFY.

Follow instructions on the screen and add the Promotion management and Version management features.

Let the installer run to completion.

Would advise backing up the CMS database + Filestore when making changes to the installation.

You can refer the below:

This is for mobile components, so the basic instructions are the same, but only add PM / VM and not Mobile.

1804519 - How to add the mobile components to an existing SAP BI Platform 4.0 SP 5 installation in a...

1803645 - BI 4.0 - How to modify or repair a BI install, patch or upgrade

Hope this helps.

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid

Thank you for your response. I have undertaken all the steps required but I think I am at my last hurdle. I have posted my response in detail above.

Thanks for your help.

Samir