cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Agentry Application not getting updated in SMP3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When I try to upload my new SAP Work Manager 6.1 Application with customizations (in a .zip file) in SMP3 via the app specific settings tab, my new application is not published. Instead an older version of the application is seen.

What I did was:

1. Published my new application in a local Development server.

2. Zipped it up and then publish it via the app specific settings tab.

When I try to import back the application via the Agentry.ini file in the actual server, I don't see my changes. It used to work before for me, but not now.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Refer below link for publishing Agentry apps to  SMP 3.0 platform.

Quick Start Guide: SAP Work Manager 6.X with SMP (Agentry)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I suspect you zipped up a development publish.  You need to do a production publish from the editor and then that zip file is uploaded to the SMP server using the app specific settings tab.

For Development servers you just publish directly to the server.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

It's for a development server. I tried publishing it directly from my Agentry Editor.

However, upon stopping and starting back the service, the older version came back on.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the app tab under configurations, do you see a check on Development Server?

If there is a check you publish right to the application folder (the name change depending if you are using SP03 or SP04).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

The development server checkbox is already checked and grayed out.

Tried publishing it directly from the agentry editor. The changes are there (I see it when I imported the Agentry.ini file from the server) until I restart the SMP3 service (restart server) and then I get back the old version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version editor and server are you using?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMP Version 3.0.3 SP Level 3

Agentry Editor - 7.0.3.605

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't heard that happen before, I would suggest trying runtime SP04 and the editor from SDK SP05.

Runtime SP04 supports multiple Agentry Applications

Stephen

stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

We have experienced the same issue you describe. Each time you restart your Development SMP server the WM version would revert back to the last Zip version of the application loaded via the Admin Console.

After each server restart we would need to republish from eclipse to get the latest changes.

Another workaround was to manually create the folder structure without defining the Agentry Application in the SMP Admin console:

<SMP Install Dir>\Server\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server.agentry.application

Then copy the application files/folders under into that directory and restart the server

Then going forward, after making enhancements to your Agentry app and you didn't need to re-publish from Eclipse after each server restart.

Cheers,

Stephen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The point of a development server is that you NEVER upload via the Zip file.  The zip file import is for Production mode servers.  You need to create the Agentry application in the cockpit and then publish directly to the application folder on the server.  If needed you also copy over any other configuration files, scripts, jars etc.

When you are ready to move to production you publish to the zip and add in the other files before uploading to the server from the management cockpit.

I would recommend to delete the application you have and create it anew with a different app id to be safe and do not upload a zip to the server.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

Is there an official document guide from SAP that you can point me to that details this process you're recommending?

Cheers.

Former Member
stephen_kringas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuel,

I couldn't find any documentation for end to end setup of the Development environment.for Work Manager on SMP3.0.

The best information I could find was blog -

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56329

Based on this thread though we now know you don't zip the contents and deploy it via the SMP Admin panel (step 7 & 😎

Cheers,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Looking at the message posted by Manju below...

Refer below link for publishing Agentry apps to  SMP 3.0 platform.

Quick Start Guide: SAP Work Manager 6.X with SMP (Agentry)

....So does the Quick Start Guide relate to a development or production publish? The agentry.ini file displayed has developmentServer=true. Then on page 14 it suggests importing the ZIP ?

Thanks

Stu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create a zip file and uploaded to the SMP server then it is expecting an Production logic.

Stephen