cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call custom Planning function after changed data is saved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is I want to call custom planning function after I change key figure value in SAP BW IP and pass only changed records as parameter to that planning function. How can it possible with redefining any method of classes. Please suggest your approaches how this can be possible.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Define a planning sequence with the necessary custom planning function. In the filter of planning sequence use the same filter which was defined on the planning query. In the RSPLAN in cube global setting, there is a setting where you can call this planning sequence on the save of data. you can also choose to run this planning sequence only on changed data (by mentioning the aggregate level there).

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I run save on aggregation level which is not having company code and my planning function will allocate data is based on aggregation level which has company code. And after executing this planning function which is based on aggregation level which has company code, I want to save data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find global setting for the cube in RSPLAN to run planning sequence on the changed data only. Please advice. I didn't find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

from what i understood is that you have two levels

Agg1 : without company code (the input query is built on this)

Agg2 : with company code

you want to create a custom planning function which distributes the data which is saved at non-company code level to company code level (you derive in custom planning function).

If this is the case then

• create planning sequence on Agg2.
  • in global infocube setting in RSPLAN. at save of data run the planning sequence.
  • In the same setting the change of data should be given as Agg1.

hope this helps.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in RSPLAN, in the infocube screen. Give the cube name and goto change screen, there is a central setting tab. Click on it and define these things there.

regards,

Arivnd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In setting I can only find this. i didn't find option of execute planning function only for changed records and other settings you mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is the sap bw version for your system.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have SAP BW 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos