Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No user exists with SNC name

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured the SSO with kerberos, while trying to login getting the below error

Please advice.

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you use the free SNC client encryption solution, which does not support Single Sign-On.

This solution provide only SNC transport encryption, so user mapping is not possible

If you need Single Sign-On, you must purchase a SAP netweaver Single Sign-On product like the Secure Login Client 2.0.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am using Secure Login Client 2.0, but still i am getting the error.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry my first answer was wrong (I deleted it).

Normaly you get no such SNC names with a correct installed Secure Login Client.

Could you please dump the enviroment variable SNC_LIB and SNC_LIB_64 here?

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

I can see SNC_LIB is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\Encryption\secgss.dll

but unable to find SNC_LIB_64

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have set the free SNC client encryption in your SNC_LIB,

Please reinstall Secure Login Client which sets his SNC_LIB to his own path.

Please do not install the SNC client encryption feature with the SAP GUI setup, this will lead to this error depending on the installation order.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

I did the reinstallation of Secure Login client, and now i can see the changes in the env variables.

But still i am getting the same error.

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

please restart SAP GUI (and maybe kill all saplogon.exe processes). Also a windows logout/login will help.

They still run with the old enviroment.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel 

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alexander,

Excellent, it worked.Thanks for the extended support as always.

just few questions before closing this thread.

1. Why the secure login client installation didn't set the correct values initially?

2. Can we deploy/install secure login client to all user terminals centrally?

3.Whether any license is involved for secure login client?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. The Secure Login Client sets the SNC_LIB environment variable correctly, it was overwritten by the following SAPGUI installer (with SNC Encryption feature on). New or changed environment variables are only active in new processes, the OS do that handling.

2. You use the Installation Server which comes with the SAP Setup package. For documentation please refer to the SAP Setup Guide, which is part of the Secure Login Client setup package (unzip it). If you already have one for SAP GUI you can integrate the Secure Login Client into a SAP GUI installation.

3. You need a SAP Netweaver Single Sign-On licence for the Secure Login Client.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel 

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alexander, Is "Use profile for SAP application" settings in Secure login client controlled via a registry entry? How to make it default for all the users?

Regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

you can configure the usage of profiles for a specific SNC target Name (The SNC name of the ABAP backend).

Please take a look into the Secure Login Implementation Guide (chapter 2.6.5) for further details.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I was asking how to set kerberos as default for SAP globally as shown below.

Regards,
Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

you can use wildcards (as example CN=* for all SNC connections) in the applications/GssTargetName.

Also you can configure that a user can "choose" another profile with the "Use profile for SAP applications” or not. It is the “allowFavorit” flag in the applications settings. (set to  0 if you do not want that a user choose another profile).

That’s the recommended way to configure that behavior. If this solution does not fit your
requirements please let me know.

best regards

Alexander Gimbel

S0007586158
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

How can we achieve SSO when we use PERSONAS?    

Regards,

Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member195313
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.