cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page MDG_BS_MAT_HOME_PFCG_03: No authorization for activity 'Display'

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

On opening the transaction NWBC and clicking on the role "SAP_MDG_MENU_04:Master Data Governance for Material: Menu" , I am not able to access the Material Governance homepage as it is showing me the error as per below attachment:

I searched a lot to maintain the authorization activity "Display'  under the role-authorization profiles in the transaction 'PFCG' but I was not able to find out the exact location where I can maintain it.

Please help me in maintaining the activity so that I can see the material Governance Homepage.

Thanks in advance,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

The issue is now resolved as I had to add the CHIP ID "WDR_CHIP_PAGE" under the authorization field Web Dynpro ABAP : CHIP ID under the authorization field Basis-Central Functions->ABAP Page Builder:CHIP.

Now I can see the Material Governance homepage.

Regards,

Satyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the missing authorization in transaction SU53 or ST01. Your security team should be able to help you identify the missing objects.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

Can you try Executing the webdynpro pages from the PFCG , Have a look if this works or not ??

0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

As per your suggestion, I tried to execute the WD pages such as Create Material,Search Material etc but when I try to execute HOME node, then the error comes as attached in the above post.

All the other WD pages are executing successfully, but only the HOME node WD page is not opening.

Can you please look into that?

Regards,

Satyam

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam ,

Can you check the Details of your Webdynpro page is as below

0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

PFB the screenshot as requested.

Do we need to add the parameters under this application configuration?

Let me know what needs to be done further?

Regards,

Satyam

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

Can you re confirm this role in transtion SU01 and check for the same config via the SU01 t code

steps : SU01 -> Enter your User ID - > Click on Roles -> Check for this specific role in the list .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

I did the same activity as you suggested, but the configuration remains the same as it was using transaction PFCG.

Can you please guide me further on this as what specific thing you looking at OR I missed something to maintain?

Regards,

Satyam

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

The concept is pretty simple PFCG is where you have all your roles defined.

SU01 is where you can check all the roles tagged to your User ID. There is no other setting that i know of .

Can you send a complete screen shot of the error message ???

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

I understand the concept totally of PFCG and SU01.

PFB the complete screenshot for the error:

I need to know whether I need to assign any additional authorization object to this role and assign the activity value as per above error or do some other activity.

Please help me in this regard.

Regards,

Satyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

Can you reconfirm below

Before you activate the business functions, ensure that you have the administration authorization for MDG. The required authorization objects are delivered with the authorization role SAP_MDG_ADMIN. In transaction PFCG, we recommend creating a copy of this role and assigning the relevant authorization values. For the authorization object USMD_DM Data Model you need to assign the values for the authorization field USMD_MODEL Data Model (for example MM, BP, or 0G) and the values for the authorization activity ACTVT Activity (for example 01: Create or generate, or 02: Change).

If you want to use Enterprise Services to load data into the active or staging area of the hub, activate the business function ERP_MATERIAL_SOA. For additional BCV Content activate business function /BCV/NWBC_SIDEPANEL. If you want to use the MDG for Material homepage or the Business Context Viewer, activate the business functions /BCV/MAIN and /BCV/MAIN_1