cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make field Account Group changeable on Supplier CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make Account Group changeable on UI there is a configuration activity given in the Supplier Configuration document provided by SAP.

" You can specify change request types to enable the change of account groups. In the

corresponding change requests the field Account Group will then be changeable instead of

being a mere display field.

Run the Customizing activity Specify Change Request Types to Enable Account Group

Change under : Master Data Governance -> Master Data Governance for Supplier ."

When I try to add my custom Change Request Type here and then save, system gives error message as shown below:

If anyone has resolution for this issue. Please share.

Let me know what else I need to verify to check the cause.

Thanks,

Swati Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of what you configured as the business activity for the given custom CR type? Go to "MDGIMG: General Settings --> Process Modeling --> Change Requests --> Create Change Request Type" and then select the new CR type and click the "Business Activities" folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

Below is the screen you requested:

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati ,

You are using the BP UI , In the Main page Vendor Details tab you see the grouping where you are already selecting the Grouping . The same will be mapped as your account group .

Can you let me know the Business scenario for the action of Changing the Account group in the ERP Vendor screen . You can perform the same action on the Main page.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong here .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Is any logical action under MDGIMG: General Settings --> Process Modeling --> Change Requests --> Create Change Request Type ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

1. Under MDGIMG: General Settings --> Process Modeling --> Change Requests --> Create Change Request Type :

Each Change Request Type is linked to a Business Activity

2. Under MDGIMG: General Settings --> Process Modeling--> Business Activities

Business Activities are linked to Logical Actions.

If you check screenshots which I have shared, there seems some problem with linking of business activities with logical actions.

Under: Business activities->Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity:Standard Definition

Below is the screen for UI Configuration: BS_OVP_SP. For BO Type 266, Here Logical Action is "*".

This entry is predelivered by SAP.

Please let me know if this entry requires modification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should change this to SUP2 (process supplier). The supplier already exists and you are trying to change the acct group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

This problem is for Create Supplier CR. In this case user should be able to select one Account Group from the drop down list.

But you can see in the above screenshot that Account Group field is not editable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Can you reconfirm and post screen shot for img node

Link Logical Actions with Business Activity: Standard Definition under Business Activites

For me it is like below

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

In BP UI this is a Standard Behavior , Once you select the BP Grouping , the system takes this as your account group in the Consecutive UI's . You will not be able to change the account group in the Vendor Data.

You can try out the Vendor Like UI as it will provide you this option you are looking for .

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't do that. Vendor/Customer account groups are mapped to BP Groupings. The user will have to select the correct BP Grouping (or you should build you BP grouping to map to the desired account group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a new Vendor Account Group in ECC. Now I want to select this value while creating a new Supplier in MDG.

How do I map BP Grouping with this new Vendor Account Group, so that when I select the correct BP Grouping the new Vendor Account Group should get automatically selected ?

Please let me know TCODE for doing this.

Also, confirm if Vendor Integration (CVI) is relevent/required in this case.

Please Note: System on which I am working is only configured for MDG Supplier. (and not for Customer).

Thanks,

Swati Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a new Vendor Account Group in ECC. Now I want to select this value while creating a new Supplier in MDG.

How do I map BP Grouping with this new Vendor Account Group, so that when I select the correct BP Grouping the new Vendor Account Group should get automatically selected ?

Please let me know TCODE for doing this.

Also, confirm if Vendor Integration (CVI) is relevent/required in this case.

Please Note: System on which I am working is only configured for MDG Supplier. (and not for Customer).

Thanks,

Swati Verma

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swathi,

Yes you have go with CVI integration and check the below notes are there in your system

* 1904263 - CVI: New Functionality: Account Group Change (APIs)

* 1920832 - CVI: New Functionality: Account Group Change (CVI-part)

* 1943753 - CVI: New Functionality: Account Group Change (CVI-part 2)

* 1941597 - MDG-BP/-S/-C: New Functionality: Account Group Change (ECC)

regards

shankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati

Guess you are using customizing change request type.

Whether any logical action is assigned to above CR type in Create Change request Type in IMG?

Can you paste screen shot for same?

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check

Business activities->Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition

assing the UI and logical action to CR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

No entry in Business activities->Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Custom Definition.

I have not Customized UI Application. Its just Custom CR type.

Still do you think we need entry here?

But, If I check: Business activities->Link Log. Actions with UI Application and Bus. Activity: Standard Definition

Below is the screen for UI Configuration: BS_OVP_SP. For BO Type 266, Logical Action is *.

Please let me know what is required here.

Thanks,

Swati