cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrap Quantity in Production Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

While doing confirmation of production order for FERT/HALB material in CO11N, certain quantity needs to be scrapped due to Quality issue. The scrap quantity varies for each production order thus cannot be included in BOM.

e.g. I have production order of 10 nos, out of which 8 nos are ok & 2 nos needs to be scrapped. The weight of each part is 2.580 Kg. During confirmation process (CO11N), I entered 8 in Yield & 2 in Scrap. In goods movements it consumes the material for 10 qty. as per BOM & 8 qty shows as confirmed qty & 2 as scrap.

There is no material movement for Scrap qty. takes place automatically. I want the Qty of Scrap Material to go up by 5.16 Kg (2 x 2.580). How this can be done? Is it possible to automate this process with CO11N?

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Hrishikesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scrap mentioned while doing confirmation in CO11N is only reduce the header quantity and also if backflush is active then it will reduce the BOM components qty as well , also it will not do GR of header product in inventory.You need to define another component as scrap as by product in BOM and do the GR while doing confirmation in CO11N,

Check at your end.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for your replay.

The backflush is active however I can't add scrap as by product because these are line rejections. The qty of scrap is not fix. Some time 2 or 4 or 10 are scrapped. There is a separate material code is created. I need to invoice this scrap as per Kg.

Thus, when I do confirmation in CO11N, when I enter scrap qty. in goods movement it will consume BOM components qty. however at the same time it should update the scrap material qty in Kg (i.e. with FG/HALB material weight.)

e.g.

A-HALB material (Net weight 2.580 Kg)

B-Raw Material 1

C-Raw Material 2

Z- Scrap Material

As per BOM, to manufacture material A, it needs 2 components of B & 1 component of C.

Lets say while manufacturing 10 qty of A, 20 components of B & 10 components of C are consumed however out of 10 only 8 are good & 2 are spoiled & needs to be scrapped.

While doing confirmation in CO11N, I would enter 8 as Yield & 2 as scrap, due to backflush it will consume 20 components of B & 10 components of C as per BOM. However I also want the the stock of Scrap Material Z should get increased by 5.16 Kg (i.e the weight of material A 2.580 kg x2)

How this updation of scrap can take place or can be automated.

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear gurus,

can u please tell me where we find actual scrap quantity in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Order scrap qty uou can define at the time of PO confirmation. System will do the addition consumption of component against the scrap qty.

Thanks

Kishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishikesh,

As you said out of 10 Nos, 2 are needs to be rejected/scraped due to quality reasons means it should be rejected/scrapped during quality inspection and not at the time of production confirmation.

Also you want to inventories scrap stock (may be for scrap sale), but you don't want to mention it as by-product as it is not fixed. As per standard SAP when you say material scrap it will be move out from inventory. You may inventories these material as reject material but it will be inventoried against parent material code in Nos.

I have also gone through this type of client requirement for scrap sale.

A-HALB in NOS (1 No=2.580 KG updated in material master)

B-ROH1

C-ROH2

Z-SCRAP in KG

Now go for confirmation CO11N, Material A for 10 Nos, it will consume 20-B and 10-C as per BOM and create one inspection lot for 10 Nos for material A.

During result recording Quality person found 8 nos, ok and 2 Nos Not ok, post the stock 8 in unrestricted storage location and 2 no to Rejection store(REJE).

Now you have material A stock of 2 Nos at rejection store(REJE).

If you want to scrap this rejected part A and inventories Z in KG at scrap store (SCRA).

Configure new movement type say 961 - Update Scrap inventory.

You can go for movement 551 and scrap material A-2- No, at the same time go for movement 961-Z-5.16 KG with reference to 551 document number.

To automate these two movement (551 & 961) you can customize new Z program say ZSCRAP,

Selection screen

Plant

Material

Storage Location

Initial Output

ALV report with existing stock at rejection store in nos, and with additional blank column Scrap Code, Qty, Movement type etc.

Calculate Tab+ Execute Tab

Pass respective scrap code and click on calculate tab it will calculate scrap qty based in total qty in nos and mentioned weight in material master.

It will as bellow

Sr No- Material- Qty- UOM- Store-  Scrap Code- Scrap Qty- UOM - Store loc- Movement Type

1      - A           - 2    - No   -  REJE- Z                 - 5.16         - KG    - SCRA   - 961

Now execute, it will post movement 551 for fist half of the report (A-551-2-No-REJE) and create document number, which further proceed with 961 for second half (Z-961-5.16-KG-SCRA) with reference filed 551 document number (it will be used for reporting purpose)

Thanks

Tara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good one Tara...

former_member211676
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gandhi

This is SAP standard process. If you want quantity update for your scrap then consider your scrap as by-product .Create a material and assign it to your BOM as a by product. Then you can able to update the quantity. If you want automated scrap quantity entered vs by-product then use user exit.

Regards

Kesava

former_member189817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This standard SAP process.  May be as a work around you can define separate part number for scrap and receive it as by-product against the order. Also you can meet your requirement by using user exit (automatic scrap stock update after confirmation completed ).

Regards,

Velmurugan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

the scrap quantity in Standard SAP i manage without separate movement and without real stock.

You can do this through two methods:

1. Create manually in the good moviment area of CO11N splitting the line in order to indicate both quantity (confirmed quantity and scrap quantity, in this case you can pour scrap quantity also in a specific storage location if you want to manage subsequently this quantity for re-work operations)

2. Create a custom report similar to CO11N but throuth this fm you can create automatically good movements for confirmed quantity and for scrap quantity

BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GET_TT_PROP  for to have all data of the confirm (GOODSMOVEMENTS structures )

BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT  for to execute the confirm with own logic.

Let me know if i have been useful for you

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniele

Thanks for your immediate response.

Your 2 option seems to be useful however will you please elaborate how to use "BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GET_TT_PROP" & "BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT"

Regards,

Hrishikesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishikesh

1 ) BAPI_PRODORDCONF_GET_TT_PROP 

select before which details  you want to optain in the structures PROPOSE

QUANTITY

ACTIVITY

DATE_AND_TIME

PERSONNEL

GOODSMOVEMENT  (important for to have goodmovement only backflush logic )

after this you have to insert in the fm only production order for to see whole informations of the confirm.

2) BAPI_PRODORDCONF_CREATE_TT

TIMETICKETS

ORDERID = Production order

OPERATION = operation number

YIELD = Quantity confirmed

SCRAP = only if to handle this quantity

GOODSMOVEMENTS

all record find in the previous FM

LINK_CONF_GOODSMOV 

all record find in the previous FM

I hope have been useful for you

Daniele