Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 and new gl account profit centre corrections

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me.

We are using ECC6 and have activated the new gl, we also have parallel ledgers running.

Some sales postings have gone to the wrong profit centers and to correct them I understand that I have to create journals in FI and not use 9KE0.

The gl codes I want to post to are:

Profit and loss gl  - cost element revenue

Balance sheet - functional area and liability (tax to pay)

Both the accounts have been posted to profit centres only - no cost centres.

All profit centres used have a profit segment

This is confirmed in the postings to tables BESG and FAGLFLEXA

When I try to post a journal to reverse the incorrect postings and post the correction.

Journal type SA

cost object - profit centre

I have the message - enter a true account assignment object with revenues and the cursor goes back to the cost centre field on the journal.

Could someone please tell me the process I am to follow for profit centre corrections.

Thank you and regards

Catherine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar and Ravi,

Thank you for your quick responses.

As I have used the "more" button opposite the field cost object (in blue) to complete the fields profit centre and profit segment I had provided a cost object.

Are you saying that I have to complete one of the blue fields as well?

Thank you and regards

Catherine

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you have to provide the values for one of the field. Then only system will proceed the transacton.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thank you for the clarification.

The only blue field I can complete is the sales order I do not want to effect any of the reconciliation accounts as the values passed form the sales ledger to the financial ledger are correct it is just the reporting from a CO perspective that is wrong?

if I complete the sales order field will this effect the sd reconciliation ledger?

Thank you and regards

Catherine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while doing reversal entry please select the profitability segment as a cost object and enter the profit center in profitability segment then system will allow you to post the reversal.

profit center is  not a real cost object for the FI postings.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catherine,

We can correct the profit centres for the posted documents by journal entry. But at the time of posting to revenue accounts, generally system asks for account assignment. Here you have to provide profit centre. System prompts the cursor in the cost centre field, if you have a look at the screen  the all account assignments have highlighted i.e. marked as blue. 

Regards,

Mukthar