cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue while creating a generic extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating  a data source (RSo2) from Extraction from Table, using the Table RESB , then i was getting an error saying that

Field NOMNG with reference field MEINS: Reference table MARA is replaced by ZOXDE20402
Message no. R8390

Diagnosis
The amount field NOMNG from the view used for generation or from the table has the currency/unit of measure field MEINS from table MARAas reference field.

To generate an extract structure, however, the currency/unit of measure field is expected to originate from the same view or the same table. Since the view or table used contains a currency/unit of measure field MEINS with the same name, the reference to this field was changed in the generated extract structure ZOXDE20402 .

Procedure
Check if the reference adjustment is permitted, that is, if the reference field assigned from the view or table really contains the corresponding currency/unit of measure.

If that is not the case, you might be able to correct the unit reference in a transformaton rule within BI. In this case, however, the data might be displayed in the PSA incorrectly (decimal places).

then due to the above issue i was asked to create the extractor using a view (for wich iam trying to create a view) but i have the following questions

1)can we create a view on single table(i would be needing only 8 fields from table RESB)

2)also can you guide on how do i fill the tabs (given only one tabel to create a view please find below screen shots)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When field(nomng) was referenced to another table then we need create view by adding reference table(MARA) as well. So you can create a view on RESB and MARA.

It will allow you without any issues.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Ram...

But cant we create a view with single table(RESB)...? and iam not trying to bring field NOMNG...and i dont have a common key between MARA and RESB to create a join condition......

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you not added NOMNG in your data source why you got above error message.

We can crate view on single table also.

From you screen shot, as of now you didn't enter table name under table tab.

first enter table name and select required field.

if you select any field which reference some other table then you need to referenced table also.

otherw wise you will get error.

Thanks