cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTax is not deducted only for one employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Ptax is not deducted only for one employee, his 588 Infotype, sub group is enabled for ptax deductions. He belongs to Maharashtra state and till last month there is a Ptax deduction in the payroll process.

When I checked the payroll log the "INPTAX" PCR is calculating the basis amount as 4913.44-. please find the attached screenshot.

In put :

process:

Out Put:

Pay results :

Note: There is a hike of 800 in master data from the joining date (Employee Joining date :  May 2014)

Please do needful.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.Km

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the gross and net salary of each month. can you check is that 7412.44 is the gross / net of the may month ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find the total annul report for the same employee.

As I checked it is not same in may month, please do needful.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your query is answered you can close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

can you give these wage type results from ANN report

/118 /119 /3p1 /3p2 /3p3 /422 /ap1 /ap2 /zp1 /zp2 /zpt /zpg

Normally /Ap2 with negative values will come while running the retro period if no earnings are there for that particular period and these values will transfer to /3p2 and no ptax deduction. and in the current run /Ap2 values will transfer to /ZP2 and it checks with /3P2.

But in your case it is calculating different. you are using gross carry forward right.

give these wage types values and exactly what u run and when you run please specify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

Please find the attachment, and the Ptax calculation method is in Gross carry forward method.

Regards,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you said upto august ptax ded. is 175 and in august 200. but after the retro from june onwards ptax deduction is 200/-. can you try once like this delete the payroll results for this employee and the screen shot of the ANN report and update the PU03 with employee joining date for retro payroll running and check. Actually first month only /ZPT with negative amount is coming, it is purely master data error only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praneeth,

Thank for reply, If it is a master data error, from the first month we did't get any problem like this. when user given a hike in master data then this error is coming.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check one more thing wage type /A21 is as well generating check from where it is getting generated that may be the one of the reasons for this.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Almost 2 or 3 times we deleted his payroll results and rerun the live payroll for only for this employee, still this problem is coming. will you please tell me what type of master data error might of happened, because am not able to trace any error in Master data.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned check wage type /A21 is getting generated find out that as well from where it is getting generated.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try like this delete the dates in the pu03 and run the payroll and take the screen shots full all wt's from the report ANN and then again run the payroll with retro, assigning dates in pu03 and check the differences. put the date as DOJ of Employee.

while running payroll with retro first month payroll only /ZPT with negative values are coming for this employee. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

/A21 is generated from the first month

/A21 in may month log

/A21 in june month log

/A21 from july month log

/A21 from Aug month log

/A21 from Sep month log

please do needful.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear i understood this by looking at your log but need to find out why and from where it is getting generated and later where it is getting added.

Go to PCR IN42 and IN43 check the Input,Processing,Output there check why from which wage type it is getting generated and then later IN44 where it is getting added then you may resolve this issue since this is one of the reasons may be it is because of your master data or something else but why this is getting generated you have to analyse.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

Can any one help me on this issue,

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your log with IN44 there the value is getting populated /ZP2 this value is coming from /AP2 so find out the value /AP2 which is the difference of /3P2 this calculations are happening in IN42 so find out why the difference amount is getting populated in /AP2.

i.e there is a difference b/w old result table /3P2 and current result table /3P2 so that you can go forward.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for reply as you said I have checked the Log and payroll result,

there is a link between

/ZP2 Ptax basis                                                     17,840.44-

/3P2 Professional Tax Basis                                  4,913.44-

/AP2 Ptax basis arrears                                          833.00

There is know IN42 in the particular month payroll Log,

his /101 Total gross                                                    12,927.00

My understanding : /ZP2 - /101 = /3P2 ? is it right

/AP2 is the amount that employee got as increment on 26th Sep 2014 effective from May 13th 2014.

any clue ? plz

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can not predict anything what happening in the back end that we can trace out by looking at the log but am assuring that there are some arrears are coming so it is impacting we have to analyze log thoroughly take the help of wage type reporter as well.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Please find below screen shot

T code: PC00_M40_ANN

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand with reference to your screen shot.

Please find the below calculation

/AP2 of May, June, July ,August  (-7412.44)+(-12094)+833+833 = -17840.44 /AP2 this will be getting added to /ZP2 i.e /ZP2 = -17840.44 in current month September /ZP2 will get added to /3P2 which is 12927 so 12927-17840.44 = -4913.44 is your P Tax basis for current month so you have to find out why the value /AP2 is getting populated in table for that go to log and check for the month of May,June and check the PCR IN42 Input, Processing, Output so that you can resolve the issue.

Your basis value is negative so system is not calculating P Tax as suggested check the log of May, June thoroughly there only you can trace out why /AP2 is getting generated.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thank for reply, as you said it is calculating in the same way, I will try to find out from May and June month pay log as you said, and get back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkatesh,

As you said it is calculating /Ap2 from May month on words,

/AP2  May ; 7,412.44-

June: 12,099-

July : 833

Aug : 833

Still am not able to find out why /AP2 is coming like this, please do needful friends.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your /118 wage type as well for mentioned months similar to a screen shot which has been attached by you earlier with ANN report.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Please find the attachment, I think it is calculating properly.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i look at screen shot i can say one thing /118 is holding the value  7922.99, 12927.00 May and June the same should come to /3P2 it is not happening so check your function INPTB Input, Processing, Output in the log.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

you done some customization for PTAX, /ZP2 is showing -17,840.44 /- and the same it is dumped to the /3P2 Ptax basis and Ptax is not deducting.

can you check that /zp2 wage type, why you configured and the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

I am working for this client from past 8 months, we never get this type of error. and as you said there is /ZP2 which is configured at the time of implementation process. How to know why this /ZP2 is coming in negative amount, please do needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the payroll log go to find and give /zp2 it will all the places where this wage type is. and check on by one and where it is processing and from which pcr this /zp2 value is re-writing to /zp2 wage type.

check the custom pcr for this ptax basis calculation what you have done at the time of implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In payroll log  /ZP2  is processing as "Ptax basis arrears"

It is processing as

/ZP2 Ptax basis arrears

Rule   ESGPCR VaKey    Operation

IN45      *            WGTYP?

IN45      *   ****     ADDWT *

Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

But in the same Payroll results, there is /3P2 wage type is carrying the value of "4,913.44-"

Former Member
0 Kudos

you run the retro payroll for the employee and the arrears for ptax basis is coming into the wt /zp2 and that amount is transferring into /3p2. can you check why it is giving negative arrears ?

are you done salary less from the past date ? check the pcr

Former Member
0 Kudos

One small Note: This employee Joining date is : 13.05.2014

There is a hike of 800/- added to his basic salary effective from employee hiring date, Till August there was a Ptax deduction in his salary (He is belongs to Maharashtra state). I have changed the Maharashtra State Ptax processing from Deduction carry forward method to Gross carry forward method in the table : V_T7INP3. for all other employees it is working fine who are working in Maharashtra except this employee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

There is a 800/- addition to special allowance from the date of joining. apart from that there is no other change in the pay, I am not able to find out why the wage type /3p2 is coming in negative amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

We are using INPT PCR in ZNN1 Subschema

Please find the INPT PCR in detail:

INPT Cumulation of PTax basis

/3M3 Incremental Medical perk

ADDWT *    OT   Output table

ELIMI R    Elim.time period ID

ADDWT /118 OT   Output table

ADDWT /119 OT   Output table

/3RH Positive diff.Rent & CLA

Any clue to find out the error?

Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

/ZP2 is calculating from IN42 PCR

it is linked as

/ZP2

PSPRN      Special run

N

PCY INP7   With exact w.types

Y

any Idea how it is affecting ? please do needful.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

As said in earlier reply, please find INP7 PCR :

INP7 PTax retro on retro for Gross carry forward

INCFP /ZP2 Wage Type

ADDWTD/AP2 DT   Difference tab.

INSPT A1   apznr, cntr1,2 and 3

ADDWTE/ZPT RT   Results table

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the pcr INPT after ADDWT * put ZERO=NR and try.

INPT Cumulation of PTax basis

/3M3 Incremental Medical perk

ZERO= NR   AmtNumRteTime = 0

ELIMI R    Elim.time period ID

/3RH Positive diff.Rent & CLA

ZERO= NR   AmtNumRteTime = 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

All pcr's are correct only.

can you tell one thing is this employee transfer to no ptax state ? and in the log it is showing negative ptax basis for the month of may only. run the payroll with log and check again INPTX log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

When I checked the IN41 Input, It says the following results, can you help to debug in this ?

WageTyp  Wage Type Text             PerPa  FPayP  FPayY  PayTyp  PayId  BonDate     Amount

/551     Stat.net recalc.diff.      67     02     2014                                             510.55

/A21                                67     02     2014                                           7,412.44-

/AEA     CF ESI basis               67     02     2014                                             511.00

/AF5     CF Pf monthly              67     02     2014                                               0.00

/AP2     Ptax basis arrears         67     02     2014                                           7,412.44-

/AF3     CF EPF ER Share            67     02     2014                                               0.00

/AF4     CF EPS ER Share            67     02     2014                                               0.00

/AFA     CF Ee EPF Basis            67     02     2014                                               0.00

/551     Stat.net recalc.diff.      67     03     2014                                             833.00

/A21                                67     03     2014                                          16,862.00-

/AEA     CF ESI basis               67     03     2014                                             833.00

/AF5     CF Pf monthly              67     03     2014                                               0.00

/AP2     Ptax basis arrears         67     03     2014                                          12,094.00-

/AF3     CF EPF ER Share            67     03     2014                                               0.00

/AF4     CF EPS ER Share            67     03     2014                                               0.00

/AFA     CF Ee EPF Basis            67     03     2014                                               0.00

/551     Stat.net recalc.diff.      67     04     2014                                             833.00

/A21                                67     04     2014                                          17,627.00-

/AEA     CF ESI basis               67     04     2014                                             833.00

/AF5     CF Pf monthly              67     04     2014                                               0.00

/AP2     Ptax basis arrears         67     04     2014                                             833.00

/AF3     CF EPF ER Share            67     04     2014                                               0.00

/AF4     CF EPS ER Share            67     04     2014                                               0.00

/AFA     CF Ee EPF Basis            67     04     2014                                               0.00

/551     Stat.net recalc.diff.      67     05     2014                                             833.00

/A21                                67     05     2014                                          20,882.00-

/AEA     CF ESI basis               67     05     2014                                             833.00

/AF5     CF Pf monthly              67     05     2014                                               0.00

/AP2     Ptax basis arrears         67     05     2014                                             833.00

/AF3     CF EPF ER Share            67     05     2014                                               0.00

/AF4     CF EPS ER Share            67     05     2014                                               0.00

/AFA     CF Ee EPF Basis            67     05     2014                                               0.00

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praneeth,

He Joined in the organization on 13 May 2014, from the day one he is working at Mumbai location there are no actions taken place, Only 800/- has added to Info-type 8 wage type effective from the joining date, At the Joining month his Ptax was : 175 and till august it was 200/-.

Note: This error is only for One employee, it is in Production, In quality it is working fine.

Regards,

Naresh.KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok , then cross check b/t the two systems. check the output table and from where this /A21 wage type is coming i dont know which wt it is ? and you given 800/- but /551 is showing 833/-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logically as this is issue with only one employee there may not be any issue in config. please validate the masterdata changes, could be some infotypes data changes impacting. look on the negative value of basis amount.

Is there any change in PSA of the employee.

Thanks

Umakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umakanth,

Thanks for reply, As I checked there is no change in Infotype 8 or other master data change, even User confirmed the same. and there is no Personnel area change occurred from the date of joining?

Even I am not able to find out the reason for this type of error "That to only for one employee"

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Naresh,

Here /3P2 is negative value, please check this.

As the PTax basis is negative so it Ptax is not calculated.

Also please check last pay results.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I have checked the last month payroll log, it says /3p2 is 5746.44- . (Aug month). before that there is a Ptax (/3p1) deduction of 200 /-. why this this process is acting like this? kindly do needful.

Regards,

Naresh.KM 

sai_siva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Naresh,

Can please share INPTAX procedure for Aug Month also.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one help me on this issue?

Regards,

Naresh.KM