Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO Error Account assignemnt Category A

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I ve one Captial PO. where assign Internal Order same order number assign AUC Asset .Number. along with Cost Center.

while doing GR. i.e MIGO  system will nt allowed to post the document .

messge error show below..

"

Cost element for balance sheet account cannot be posted to Cost center

Message no. KI097

Diagnosis

You are posting to a balance sheet account that is created in Controlling (CO) as a statistical cost element ( cost element category 90). You post the cost element for this balance sheet account to a CO account assignment object (Cost center 1000/H2500).

Use of cost element category 90 is intended for the following account types only:

• Asset reconciliation accounts

System Response

The system rejects the posting to Cost center with cost element category 90.

Procedure

Either:
  • Do not post the balance sheet account to account assignment object Cost center,

or

• In Customizing, switch off message KI098.
      You can now create a cost element of category 90 for any balance sheet account in CO. This means that you can specify

all

CO account assignment objects for these cost elements.

Note

For more information, see the long text for message KI098.

Kindly help me for the same..

Kind regards

Pranav Kr. Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please provide the accounting entry which should be created through this MIGO. you can take the reference from old MIGO of this type.

Please check , if any of gl from the entries is created as cost element with category 90. If yes, then check whether that GL is created as asset reconciliation account in FS03.

Also are you giving cost center manually in PO??

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aniket sir,

Yes , while creation of PO. we do cost center coz we did Enhancement for ME21n.

Asset GL i.e 200300 WIP Others under recon Account as well category 90.

this configuration sir.

kindly correct me.. if doing wrong.

Kind regards

Pranav Kr. Gupta

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Its Ankit not Aniket.

Why you are giving cost center at the time of PO for asset. As system automatically derive the cost center from asset master in background.

Now what is happening in your system, system is taking cost center what you are giving,as real cost object and internal order as statistical cost object. But it should take internal order as real cost object.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Since using account assignment category A in the PO, system will not allow to post any cost center related transactions through Cost center. Change AAC in PO as a K and then post the transaction.

Let me know if you are getting again same error.

Regards,

Raj

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Raj sir,

We are creating Capital PO.. and as i understand while creation of Capital PO.. Account assignment category A.. to  identify ..

and till now number of PO created by users same process...

Kindly correct me if m wrong..

I want solution for the same..

Thanks

pranav kr. Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Have you maintained Cost center in OKB9 for this GL Account?

Thanks,

Raj

venkatesh27_arya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Hope you have setup the config  to use the Account assignment catogory 'F' with reference to Internal Order While Creating PO, if yes The below are the accounting entries at the time of MIGO.

1) Dr  81PK  WIP Contra P&L account(cost element type 21)   XXXXX

Cr 96PK   GR/IR Clearing B/S Account XXXX

2) At the time of MIRO,

Cr 31PK Vendor Account XXXXX

Dr 86PK GR/IR Clearing B/S Account XXXXX

3) When you settle the Internal order to AUC, WIP Contra P&L account(cost element type 21) will be knocked off with the below Accounting entries.

CR 50PK WIP Contra P&L account(cost element type 21) XXXXX

DR 70 PK AUC Asset Account XXXX

Hope this helps.

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Are you assinging cost center while creating the Purchase order along with Asset number. If yes,its wrong.

While doing the GRN Asset getting debit ,which is always balance sheet account ,if account assignment category is A in Purchase order.

While doing the GRN P&L GL account getting debit ,if account assignment category of Purchase order is K.

Solution :- Do not cost center for asset PO's in Purchase order.

Regards

Mani

pranav_gupata
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mani Sir,

While creation of Asset  PO we are giving Cost Center Mandatory field to know the particular Cost for cost center , we did Enhancement seperate Field ( in Me21N only)

while GR Time the Entry will be

PK 70  217300 WIP Others  along with AUC Asset No. 5870005   Debited say 125000

PK 96  158040 GR/IR Domestic account credit  for the same Rs. 125000-

Note : 217300 GL AUC Asset Recon account as well Category 90.

Kindly help , if do wrong kindly correct me.. even i ve seen number of dcoument GR.. has peen posted .. but now why getting error.

Kind regards

pranav Kr. Gupta