cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny MCE Pop Up shows blank in Portal 7.3 EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are facing an issue in tiny MCE Editor post upgrade to 7.3 EHP1. We have upgraded our portal from 7.0 to 7.3 EHP1. Post upgrade, the tiny MCE editor, shows pop up windows as blank.

We referred some of the threads, for setting document.domain ="Domain name" for cross subdomain in tiny_mce_popup.js file. However, that did not work.

We also tried to maintain FQDN in the same file and deploy. We did the same for other .js files and maintained document.domain ="FQDN name". That did not work either.

Has anyone faced this issue and was able to resolve it?

Any inputs in this regards will be helpful.

We need to find a solution for this soon.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

follow this guide: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16312 in order to integrate tinyMCE in NW Portal 7.3.

You need to code the fqdn server in the tinyMCE scripts otherwise it wouldn't work due to cross domain scripting access.

1. in tiny_mce_popup.js uncomment document.domain and replace the value with the fqdn value of your server

2. in tiny_mce.js replace the dynamic value with the same value you set in tiny_mce_popup.js wherever you see document.domain =

BR,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romanov,

Thanks for your response.

We referred the same document mentioned in the URL. We also performed steps 1 and 2. But I have a query on step 2 where, do we need to need to replace ALL instances of document.domain with FQDN value?

Also we have a 3rd file tiny_mce_src.js where the document.domain is available. Should we change in there as well?

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you think its a cross domain problem? How did you migrated the tiny MCE package to 7.31?

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lawrence,

The fact that we have to change document.domain value to FQDN name suggests the same.

We referred the document mentioned in the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16312.

Though the Tiny instance in general works fine. The pop up menus display as blank.

Thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I havent done anything comparable while building the ear and it worked without any problems.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, as I said earlier, we are able to perform some basic functions from Tiny MCe however, the Pop up functions shows as blank(as shown in the screenshot. Does the pop up function work for you, without any changes to document.domain value?

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, at least on my local vm.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

If its not much trouble, can you email me the ear file? I would like to check on my end, deploying it.

Would it be possible?

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, post your email

cheers

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uhhhmm... no, please don't post your email, because sharing personal information like that is against RoE.

You can maintain your email address in your profile and make it available for SCN members, that's the correct and allowed way to share this information.

Regards,
Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Mentioned my email ID in profile. Please send it accordingly.

Regards,

Prasanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi.

Did the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have done so, remember I only tryed on my local VM

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lawrence,

The attachment sent was not correct. Please resend.

Thanks

Prasanna