cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP SDK 3.0 SP05 PL01: AgentryAppender removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we used the AgentryAppender in Agentry-v5.jar in our applications to add custom log messages to Agentry log files. With SP05 Agentry logging seems to have switched from log4j to java.util.logging. What is the recommended setup now to log custom messages? Is there any kind of migration guide? We already did some research but we have not been able to use the new logging framework successfully.

Regards,

Christoph

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some more research, we found out that the AgentryHandler was not initialized. We fixed this by adding the following line to props.ini file:

-Djava.util.logging.config.class=com.syclo.agentry.utility.java_logging.AgentryJavaLoggingConfigurator

Now we can use User.debug() as well as the UserLogger class again. Can I consider this a bug or did we miss any options in the admin console that enabled Java logging features?

Regards,

Christoph

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you  check Java docs of the product ?  Java docs should have all the class hierarchy details.

Manju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using a prebuilt application or a custom one?  If it is a prebuilt one what application are you using?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a custom application.

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I seem to have the same problem with the standard Work Manager 6.1.1. Nothing Java backend related is logged into the user logs. In the console (starting the SMP with go.bat) those logging entries are still visible, e.g.

Any idea how to workaround this one?

Regards, Daniel