cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex to Web bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

I have been asked to convert a query into a ""Z" web bex version". I was told to use the RSRT trans code and was able to figure out how to run the query, Could someone provide the steps to convert and save the query within the RSRT trans code?

Also, if you could, kindly explain the difference between a "Y" query and a "Z" query? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

there is nothing to be done from migration perspective. Same BEx query can run in BEx Analyzer (ad-din in MS Excel) as well as in web environments: in ABAP web reporting and in JAVA web reporting. basically the query is always the same you you can tun it within those above listed environments.

How to run it in different web environments?

Go to to T-code RSRT enter technical query name and for ABAP web reporting click on "ABAP web" button and for JAVA web reporting click on "JAVA web".

there is no difference in Z or Y queries. Both are naming convention defined for custom objects. So if you see any query starting with Z* or Y* it means they were created by someone within your organization (e.g. part of project implementation). All others queries were delivered by SAP.

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! two more follow up questions then,

1. would i need to go in Bex Analyzer to change the name of the query?(Its using a temp set of names right now, and i would need to change it to the appropriate version per our own guidelines.)

2. Do i just send the the url of the report that appears in my browser for them to have access to it? (under the assumption that they can access the system it comes from)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. If you mean Description of the query you can do it in BEx Query Designer tool. If you mean technical name than you can do copy of one query to another with new tech name also in Query Designer. Or you can make copy of query in Tcode RSZC.

2. yes if you want to let your users to know the URL where they can run the query just share URL with them. Browser will ask user credentials once it it open.

cheers

m./

Answers (0)