Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewal customize employee Profile

HadrienP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm trying to customize the employee profile (HRESS_EMP_PRO_G) on HR Renewal.  I have created a custom Configuration ID (V_T77TMCDRCNF) that I linked to the Launchpad Menu MyInfo.  In this profile I have added several new fields (custom and standard) and group them to create a Card in the profile (V_T77TMCDRCNFFLD).

My issue is coming while I try to group the field together, it seems that there is some restriction on the groups I create.  It should be as easy as ticking the check box "New Field Group" (like explained in the IMG Help but no clue.

I'm able to display all field contents in a single group.  As soon as I start by grouping field, the behaviour of the employee profile looks completely ramdom.  I had one by one each group, sometimes a new group is created with the rest of fields that is below it.  And arriving at a point, when I tick the box to create the group, I have as a result that no group are created and everything that should be after that groups is missing.

I have seen that the Card must be allowed to be display thank to the BADI "Modification of Card Visibility" and all Card should be available for display in my configuration.  Plus I have alos notice that if there is no translation, on the Card title, it wont be displayed.

Have you already got this kind issue? Would you have any hints where I should look for ?

Meanwhile in the IMG Help, SAP says that we should be able to hide the field if the content is empty.  Does any of you have seen that field through the IMG view or SM30 ?  The field exists actually but you must maintain it directly into the table, and eventhough it doesn't look to work either.

Thank you for all the help you could bring 

Hadrien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Having the same problem here.

In Employee Profile I want to display a new card with some fields, but when I check the box "New Field Group" that not displays nothing (card, fields...).

Anyone knows how solve that?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

the blocks can't be at the end of the list (yes, this is a bug).

You also need to set the visibility of your new block. This can be done by implementing BAdI HRMSS_UI5_EMP_PROFILE, method MODIFY_CARD_PARAMETERS.

Set fields EMPLOYEE and MANAGER as needed.

Check the standard implementation to get more details.

Best regards.

Evandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro.

Yes!!! Now it's working and I can show the cards that I need!

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro.

In the standard lean "Personal Data" in Employee Profile appears a button called "Details" at the bottom. Where is that button created or implemented? In any spro parameters? I can't found it and I wanna modify the action of it... and create more like that in other lane's if it's possible.

Regards and thanks for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel, happy new year. Sorry for my late response.

I couldn't find any configuration in IMG for that link.

I've seen the BSP standard code HRESS_MY_INFO_G (Java Script) and found these lines.

Code: HRESS_EMPLOYEE_OVERVIEW.view.js

Line 331

if (dataModel[index].UI_ID == gl_Overview.oPersonal) {

var oDetails = new sap.ui.commons.Link(
                       {
                         text : oBundleText.getText("DETAILS"),
                         tooltip : oBundleText.getText("DETAILS"),
                       });
                   oDetails.addStyleClass('hress_my_info_emp_pro_g_details');
                   oDetails.attachPress(function(oEvent) {
                     Navigate_details(oEvent);
                   });

As you can see, the link only appears for PERSONAL card. If you need to reply that, you'll have to change the standard code.

Please reference the following links for basic SAPUI5 developer configurations.

Best regards.

Evandro Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Evandro!

Now, since I'm a complete newbie on these things, could you point me to a guide on how to modify that?

I come to the method MODIFY_CARD_PARAMETERS, but I don't have a clue on how to modify it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Please, refer class CL_HRMSS_EMP_PROFILE_CARDS to reach the standard code.

This implementation defines the behavior of each card in the application.

Here's a short explanation about it.

IF_HRMSS_EMP_PROFILE~MODIFY_CARD_PARAMETERS - this method modifies the visibility of the cards.

The returning structure has the following fields:

OVERVIEW - set visible in Overview tab

TALENT - set visible in Talent Management tab

MANAGER - set visible for managers (MSS)

EMPLOYEE - set visible for employees (ESS)

OTH_EMPLOYEE - set visible for other employees (e.g. HR professionals)

UI_ID - internal name used in the UI5 application

FIELD_NAME - field name set in the configuration

IF_HRMSS_EMP_PROFILE~SET_NOTES_VISIBILITY - this method enables notes tab

IF_HRMSS_EMP_PROFILE~SET_TALENT_VISIBILITY - this method enables talent management tab

I suggest you to set an external breakpoint in this code fragment to learn more about the application.

Let me know if you need any help.

Best regards.

Evandro Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Than you! You are a *!

With the help of a colleague we edited  SPRO > Personel Management > Employee Self-Service (SAP UI5) > Employee Profile > Configurations for Data Retrival > Create Configuration with Field Groups and removed the ones we didn't need to

Now my question is... I have to add more cards to the Overview page:

1. Address (linked to IT0006)
  2. Family Members (linked to IT0021)
  3. Communication Information (e-mail address, Skype user details,…) (linked to IT0105)
  4. Availability (linked to IT9002)...

For example, to add the Address, I go the same place (using Transaction SPRO) and add it, but I cannot see it on the web!

So, what I'm doing wrong? What else do I need to do?

Sorry for m¡y dumb questions, but I'm a complete newbie...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

try to insert the lines you need between SAP_MSS_TRAININGS and SAP_TALENT_GROUP and let me know the result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! You are a GENIUS!!!

One (last) question... I want to remove "Internal Data" from Personal Profile:

I feel/hope I can do this via parametrization, but... I'm not able to find where to do it.

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance and, I promise, this is one of the last questions I bother you with...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

glad to hear it worked!

To do what you want, it's not quite simple if you've never done it before.

Please, refer the following link to learn how you can delete the section you want.

After that, you'll need to configure the launchpad ESS MENU (if I'm not wrong) using transaction LPD_CUST. Change the configuration of this application with your Z.

That's it.

Regards,

Evandro P. Ramos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 2307951 fixed this in UI5 app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrian,

you need to use the Standard configuration. There is a bug in the Programm.

don't overwrite the selected header lines.

If you want to see your own, you Need to make a Modifikation.

the Card visibility will be different shown as follows for These groups:

User=Manager

User=Employee

User=other Employee

KR

Sieglinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrien, how are you?

We're actually implementing this funcionality here in Brazil.

Have you got a solution for this issue? Could you please share it with us in positive case?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Evandro Ramos

HadrienP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Evandro,

Sorry for my late reply, I actually raise a call to SAP but they haven't answer yet.  If I have some more details about that I will try to update the post !

(By any chance did you had any clue on that one ?)

cheers

Hadrien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hadrien,

sorry for my late reply too...

We're also facing a lot of bugs in this app. I hope SAP could bring us a better solution... these workarounds work, but they are awful.

Thank you for the reply.

Cheers.

Evandro