cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP Mobility Department

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We Are a Reputable SAP Partner providing SAP ERP implementations , we have consulatns covering different modules in SAP , FI CO PP MM  ABAP BASIS , etc...

Due to the market changes and the growing demand of Mobile \ cloud we are seeking to build a new depratment to provide this services

my question is what are the required skills and roles that should exists in order to provide a full service for that.

I'm looking for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

In my opinion, the skill set differs based on the type of application you are targeting to develop. The customer requirements will not be always the same.

SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) is a solution that helps you to mobilize an enterprise easily and securely. Within SMP there are different options to develop an app- Syclo Agentry, SUP (odata/Kapsel SDK) and Sybase Mobiliser. Based on the requirement you need to choose from these. You should have 3 consultants if you want to develop apps using all 3 technologies.

There are different mobile app development approaches too, majorly Native apps, Hybrid apps and Web apps. Native apps are specific to SDK, ex. to develop a native android app, knowledge in Java is essential. Hybrid and web apps are developed using web technologies.

You can find detailed information in SCN itself.

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thank you so much for your answer this is really helpful information i will try to explore each of these technologies , but I have another question regarding that , suppose we will Mobilize enterprise with currently running SAP ERP system how we would pump in the data from it into the SMP , What are the technology options and what skills are required to do that.

Regards,

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Odata is the recommended interface. You can expose Odata services from SAP using Gateway and can be used in SMP for configuration.

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

I understood from you that there are three different technologies for Mobilize enterprise:

1- SAP Mobile platform

2- Agentry

3- Mobiliser

my question is what are the differences ? and I'd appreciate if you give business examples when to use each of these technologies.

Regards,

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

SMP Odata /Kapsel - There are existing mobile apps, you can either choose apps from these to configure in your enterprise or develop your own apps. You can develop different types of apps like native , hybrid or online. You are free to choose any tool of your choice to develop the apps, ex. Appcelerator, Sencha, Cordova.

Agentry - There are existing robust apps, you can choose apps from these or develop an app from scratch. It is based on Meta data driven approach.

Mobiliser - Meant for mobile commerce applications. It has set of standard capabilities used in mCommerce solutions, thereby it helps to reduce the code of mobile operators and banks.Some of the solutions are mobile banking mobile money and mobile wallet.

You can find the basics from below links:

Introduction to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 — SAP Mobile Academy

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me summarise skills/technologies.

1. SMP/Kapsel developer: Java skills + Kapsel skills + SMP configuration skills

2. Agentry developer: Many warehouse related mobile apps use this technology (Java developer usually picks this up)

3. Mobiliser: as explained by Midhun above

4. Afaria Developer/configuration: For mobile device management (MDM)

5. Gateway Developer: OData generating tool from ECC/ERP/Netweaver systems (ABAP developer can pick this up)

6. SAPUI5 Developer: Javascript based library for developing front end screens (A javascript/SPA developer can pick this up)

7. Fiori Developer: SAP's brand of UI5 applications.  (SAPUI5 developer typically learns and fits into this role)

8. ITS: yes they are not gone. Many companies still use ITS for warehouse transactions. (It is free with your ECC license) (ABAP + CSS skills)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very valuable information thanks very much for support , but i still have some questions

- What is the implementation methodology used is ASAP or different one?

- What about the landscape so we have to set up three servers like normal implementations ( DEV , QAS , PRD ) or different approach?

- What kind of engagement\ knowledge is required by SAP functional consultants?