cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with closing flow in BFC 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm having issues with flows not carrying over to the closing flow at the consolidated level.  The carry-over works fine at the package and pre-consolidated level.

Is there any settings that I'm overlooking in the category scenario?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ashwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siwar_taleb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

The Carry-over flow calculation (Accounts and carry-over flows) should be defined in the "Category
Builder" module for the generated amounts.

If you define a carry-over flow for one set of accounts in a consolidation with opening balances, this leads to the following:

- For this set of accounts, the opening flow data in consolidation Y will be loaded with the closing flow data from consolidation Y-1, and not with data entered in packages.

- For all other sets of accounts,the opening flow data in consolidation Y will not be loaded with the closing flow data from consolidation Y-1, nor with the data entered in packages.

Opening balances are used to load he opening flow of a consolidation using data from an earlier consolidation.therefore, if you do not specify any carry-over low for a given account, then there will be no data for this account in onsolidation Y.

The normal behavior of Finance is hat in a consolidation with opening balances, the Y consolidated data should orrespond to Y-1 consolidated data for all carry-over flows as specified in he category scenario's flow analyses.

Regards,

Siwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siwar

Thanks for your insight, but I managed to fix the issue by creating a new category scenario.  It looks like the one I used got corrupted somehow.

The issue was not with the opening balance flow (F00), but with the closing flow (F99).  The closing flow didn't appear at all when running a report at the consolidated level for a specific set of accounts.  However, it worked fine at package and pre-conso level.

Anyway, thanks again.

Ashwin