SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing an Article under Exclusion Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got an Articel in the exclusion module with a validaty period during which it will not be listed for the assortments to which the exclusion module is assigned. Under a specific business case (Eg., During STO creation process), I have a requirment to list the Article in the exclusion module inside the validity period, Is there a way in S.A.P to do this ? Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Any response on this please ?

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Can you please explain your issue with more details?

When you list an article in exclusion module, it negates the listing condition. When the article is excluded in exclusion module, why do you need to list just for STO? If you want to continue creating STO and blocking sales for sometime, use Distribution chain block which you can define on POS view.

You can also try using Subsequent Listing functionality which can be maintained on site level.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thanks for your response.

To give some more details on this problem, I just don't want to sell a particular Article on a store for a defined period due to a business decision, eg., I don't want to sell Article (Vanilla Cake) on a given store due to display constraint. Inorder to achieve that User maintains an exclusion module for that store in S.A.P , so that Article listing will exclude this product and supply chain will NOT be planned for this product.

Now, My scenario is an exception case, where I wanted to sell the "excluded" Article on one particular day because a customer wanted Vanilla Cake in specific and placed an Order from the store, when that Article is procured and allocated/replenished to the store, S.A.P will not allow to create a STO for this Article and will cause failure during creation process.

I am looking for a solution in SAP where I want to create STO keeping the exclusion module unaltered for this particular Article, might not be possible, but just wanted to clarify

Thanks

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I guess, instead of creating an exclusion module, you can use distribution chain status field in Article master POS view. The field is DChain-spec field in POS selling period/status sub-screen.

This will allow you to block an article from selling and continue using listing for other processes like STO.

The article master POS view can be maintained for a distribution chain level or a specific store by choosing appropriate values in Validity area for POS view.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response and It's been a good learning for me.

This option means the Article can still be listed ? but can't be sold to customer.

This is where i have a slightly different requirment, where I don't want Article to be listed for a defiend period (Exclusion module), however on one particular day in that period I would like to sell the Article due to an exceptional busienss case, In effect looking for something to overide exclusion module on one partilcular day/for a particular process (Eg., STO creation), so that listing don't block it. There might not be a solution for this problem, however though of discussing this in an open forum, as this seems to be a valid busines case.

Thanks

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I would suggest following steps to handle your exception:

• Create a standard assortment module which contains your exception article.
  • List this assortment module to an assortment with a validity of 1 day.
  • List/Delist the article to store using two different assortments.

You can also explore Layout Module version to have exceptional listing but this will involve lot of maintenance.

Regards,

Amit