cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME Scripts failing to update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am upgrading a SAP ME 6.1 server from a virgin system to SP04 patch 24. I have successfully installed SP04 and the patch using SUM and I am now trying to update the scripts.

I have the latest files from service marketplace (downloaded today), extracted the SP04 SAR file and set up LMA.

I execute lmauto.bat as an admin and log onto LMA

I entered all the system and database details requested and the update process gets all the way to the encryption process where it then fails with the following error:

ERROR: Unable to run encryption process.

Permission required to access Net Weaver server.

I did find SAP Note 1960075 that is for the same issue that stated it was due to a product issue that would be fixed in a later release and gave a workaround of copying a JAR file into the scripts directory. I tried this and it made no difference I still get the error.

Has anybody else experienced this or can give me some ideas where to look?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please keep in mind that the issue described in SAP Note 1960075 is related to a case of multi-instance cluster of NW. I guess you are trying to update some testing system, not a production system. And thus I suppose you do not have a multi-instance NW cluster. If so, then you have a different issue though the symptom is the same.

Please confirm.

General recommendations:

1. Check if NW parameters asked by GUI of upgrade process are correct.

2. Try to simply install MEScripts from scratch to a different folder, once the upgrade process just overwrites the content some folders.

Regards,

Sergiy