Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUM

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in process industry and currently all materials are batch managed but not HUM. Now we have plant in diff countries. In China we have oplant where storage location in WH managed and here process order rund of weeks or some time month.

So business do conformation on each day, some time couple of conformation on single day. Example each conformation pf 150 kg.

Currently when they do conformation, it goes to QI tab of an insp lot. Since inspection is running for weeks/month but business can't wait for week/month. So they post stock from QI to UNR and keep lot open because production is still running. In this scenario system create one more inspection lot for same batch which business doesn't like.

So question is what can we do so system does not create new lot and keep posting stock in open inspection lot? The reson for asking is production is running they and today's stock is good but not tomorrow's one. Can we achieve such kind of req using handling unit? Other than QM, what would be other challenges? We do transfer stock from one plant to another plant and in these plant we don't have such req, so i believe HUM won't support there. correct me if wrong.

This was the reason I asked below Q, but .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Did you try changing 'Control insLot' in the Inspection Setup? Try using option 2 here i.e. for 'each material, batch and storage location.'

Another option is : Remove the check for 'Post to Insp. Stock' in the Inspection Setup. Anyways, you are moving the stock to unrestricted without inspecting it. So, why to bring it in QI.

Best Regards,

Rahul

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rahul Barjatya wrote:

Hi Eric,

Did you try changing 'Control insLot' in the Inspection Setup? Try using option 2 here i.e. for 'each material, batch and storage location.'

Yes, I already tried changing option 2 but it is not working per expectation.

Another option is : Remove the check for 'Post to Insp. Stock' in the Inspection Setup. Anyways, you are moving the stock to unrestricted without inspecting it. So, why to bring it in QI.

No, we do want to recieve stocks in QI and then move stock from QI to unrestricted or blocked. Currently once we move all stock from QI then system change status to SPCO and create new inspection lot of same batch for future posting, which we don't like. We won't single inspection lot with all stock coming in QI. In this lot business need option to post all stock in UNR/blocked and they may post future stock in different stock type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Any particular reason for moving stock to QI?

As I have understood your scenario, you produce the material and keep on removing it from QI without fully completing the Inspection. Whenever you produce a defective material you want to block that particular batch from there on. There might be a case that already produced material of this batch has already been consumed in subsequent process.

Your requirement is you do not want the material to be used after you find that it is defective. Am I correct?

If yes and if I have not missed out anything, then the second option should work for you. Whenever you find a defective batch, just move it to QI through 08 Inspection Type.

Please let me know if it works.

Best Regards,

Rahul

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rahul,

My requirement is create an inspection lot for process order which is running for multiple days. Now business do couple of conformation on single day, each conformation is for 100 kg. Now 1st Oct all produced material is good. So business move stock from QI to UNR from an insp lot. So system change status to SPCO. Now if we do any more conformation on next day then system create new lot for same batch instead of adding to excisting lot. Per my requirements it should add under same insp lot, which is not happening. That's why I'm asking if I can use HU functionality in this case.

Now example if it works fine, then system will add stock to QI under same insp lot. So there might be an situation where batch-1 stock from yesterday was good, which we moved to UNR but today's production of batch-1 isn't good which business want to move to blocked.

hope you understand my Q.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Inspection lot with Status SPCO will always create new inspection lot, but as we dont see much options left here i would suggest a weird idea of keeping status of Inspection lot as SPST, Means do not complete posting until Last confirmation of order. if Order is of 100 Qty, then post 99 to UR and keep 1 Qty as pending, Post this Qty at the time of closing inspection lot. In this case system wont create New inspection lot.

Amol.

Message was edited by: Amol Manave

Sorry, I do not possess much knowledge about HUM.