Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for the "MRP Cockpit" and its architecture

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to answer a customer's question, I recently went on a journey across all the SAP websites looking for the exact name of a product seen on a video...

the product is the "MRP Controller Cockpit", and I found out that I am not the only one looking for some more information, so here is the story.

First, the product can be seen there :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xhDF7Y3TA

and described this summer by SAP in several blogs such as :

=> at first it seemed to be linked a lot to SAP HANA Live, and it looked it was a Smart Cockpit delivered through a SAP HANA Live RDS package.

the nice thing is that SAP HANA Live does exist in a sidecar scenario, which is a requirement from my customer

But the "SAP MRP Cockpit" is not listed anywhere in the documentation

=> then it appeared under another name in the FIORI packages (in "SAP Fiori for SAP ERP 1.0 SPS03" and "UI FOR EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 powered by SAP HANA for SAP Fiori Apps for Material Requirements Planning"....)

it seems that the Smart Cockpit is composed of several Fiori Apps, named "Manage External Requirements".

this is explained in the official HELP website here:

App History: Manage External Requirements - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

this is part of the FIORI apps for MRP :

Getting Started - SAP Fiori Apps - SAP Library

Now the Note 1955289 states that "The SAP HANA database is a mandatory prerequisite for using SAP Fiori Apps for Material Requirements Planning.", but I have just one remaining question, and I have not found the clear answer in any official SAP document so far :

Is it possible to use the MRP Smart Cockpit, built with the SAP Fiori Apps for MRP, on a HANA Server in a side by side scenario ? So can we just have a new HANA server containing HANA Live,  install a data replication process with the existing SAP ERP, and install the SAP FIORI RDS on top ?

I would be very  happy to have an answer, thank you !

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

have you been successful in deploying MRP cockpit on side by side HANA?

Thanks Jiri

Eric_Ledu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, we did not even try it yet (and I did not find a lot of information so far on the actual solution)

Regards

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There, you must be way passed this question but I bumped into this question while looking for it and thought would update.

You are correct, for MRP on HANA, HANA has to be the primary database. There are no side car available.

MRP on HANA FAQ - ERP Manufacturing (PP) - SCN Wiki