cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get more information about JavaScript API to server reports from a server to a client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we're trying to create a basic script to serve reports from a Crystal Report 2013 server to an instanceViewer inside a webpage.

I have followed the initial instructions inside the JavaScript API PDF, but I am not having any luck defining the instanceViewer.

Here's my code (mostly the same as in the PDF)

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>

<head>

<title>Testing Crystal Reports</title>

<!--<script src="hello.js"></script>-->

<script src="http://192.168.5.27:8080/clientapi/CR/ViewerSeed.js" ></script>

<script>

var token = null;

//var viewerInstance = SAP.CR.Viewer.getInstance("crystalViewer");

function init()

{

token = "[token edited]";

SAP.CR.Viewer.create("crystalViewer", 'viewerContainer1', onViewerInit, onViewerFailure);

}

function onViewerInit()

{

viewerInstance.setReportSource('17282', token);

}

function onViewerFailure(instance, error)

{

alert(error);

}

</script>

</head>

<style>

.viewerStyle

{

position : absolute;

left : 12.5%;

top : 20.5%;

width : 75%;

height : 75%;

}

</style>

<body onload="init()">

<div id="viewerContainer1" class = "viewerStyle"></div>

</body>

As you can see there's nothing fancy, but I have no luck in getting past the: "SAP.CR.Viewer.Exceptions.ViewerInitException ['Failed to initialize viewer']" Error...

I've attached a screenshot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you're working with Crystal Reports Server, your best bet is going to be to use OpenDocument instead of trying to create a viewer inside your application.  OpenDocument is a URL you can send parameter information to and it will open the report in a viewer.  You can get information about how to use OpenDocument at http://help.sap.com/bobip - Go to the "Development Information" section.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply

I have a possibly related question. When I login to the BI Launchpad and go under preferences to get into the Web Intelligence area, I find that I have no such place. I'm not certain if that hampers me frm being able to serve up documents...

Thanks again for any help.