cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi report export to Excel - hyperlink to another report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you guys can provide some guidance.

I have a client that would like to upgrade to SAP BO 4.1.

Assuming that they would deploy BO 4.1 with Single Sign-On authentication:

If one user exports a Webi report to Excel and the report has a hyperlink to another platform Webi report,

and if the hyperlink is clicked in the exported Excel file (by the same or another user) would the user be prompted

to log onto the BI Launchpad ?

If yes, is there a way how to prevent this behaviour in a Single Sign-On authentication mode ?

Is there a workaround to this behaviour in BO 4.1 as well as in BO 3.1 ?

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If re-directed BO Platform has SSO enabled you have just need to provide true hyperlink url as mentioned in User Document of SAP BO. Also, the relevant system needed to enabled open document properties including the protocol has used (i.e WinAD, LDAP etc...).

Regards,

Emrah Kaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davor,

In the case you described, user will not be prompted to log on to BIlaunchpad, the web link should be used (full URL)

Kind Regards,

Rabeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabeb,

Many thanks for your prompt feedback. I assume you have tested this behaviour with SSO previously.

Have a lovely day.

Kind Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabeb,

I just spoke to the guys from the client organisation that I mentioned earlier.

I told them what you told me i.e. that they wouldn't be prompted with logon.

They said that they tried that with their BO 3.1 deployment (SSO enabled) and they still got prompted with BI Launchpad prompt. They wonder if they would face the same behaviour on their future BO 4.1 SSO deployment.

Have you tried this on BO 4.1 SSO enabled deployment ?

Are there additional configurations that need to be in place to that the logon prompt is avoided ?

Kind regards,

Davor Mitrasevic