cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute Save, Planning sequence and again save in Bex Analyzer with SAP BW IP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to execute save command, then my planning sequence and again save the data generated by planning sequence in single button in Bex analyzer. I tried below method on same button but its not working.

CMD 1 SAVE_AREA

PLANNING_SEQUENCE_NAME 1 ZTESTSEQUENCE

CMD     1     EXECUTE_PLANNING_SEQUENCE

CMD 1 SAVE_AREA

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why do you need to do double saving? The planning sequence will have access to the unsaved data...

Regards,

Tilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Because I want to execute my planning sequence on changed data and planning sequence is having  planning function which does manipulation and then I want to  save data which is generated by planning sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not 100% sure, but if you save data first and then run a planning function on changed data, it may happen that the planning function will not process any records at all (since after saving, nothing is "changed"). Does "not working" mean that the planning function is not being executed?

If you want to stick with the double-save setup, you could remove the "changed data" option and work on whatever the planning sequence filter captures, but I would suggest to remove the first save, run the planning sequence on changed data (+ reference data w/a) and then do the last save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reposting data saved in first save with planning sequence. So I can not remove first save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make sure I understand what you're doing:

- You enter data in your layout

- The data is saved

- Your subsequent planning function is a repost function set to work on changed records

- Another save is done

If this is the case, and you only want to repost changed records: Really, try removing the first save. You won't need it because the repost function will pick up the records in the delta buffer.

If in fact you want to repost also other values outside the changed data, you need to remove the changed data flag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Its correct that first save was not required. Its taking data from buffer. Following sequence of commands worked for me.

PLANNING_SEQUENCE_NAME    1      ZTESTSEQUENCE

CMD                                                 1       EXECUTE_PLANNING_SEQUENCE

CMD                                                 2       SAVE_AREA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try with the Serial number to Index

CMD                                                 1      SAVE_AREA

PLANNING_SEQUENCE_NAME    2       ZTESTSEQUENCE

CMD                                                 2       EXECUTE_PLANNING_SEQUENCE

CMD                                                 3       SAVE_AREA

Regards

Anand Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried above commands in same sequence but its not working. Its saving original record but its not executing planning sequence and saving the data generated by planning sequnce.

Anand71
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It indicate that you have some Problem with your planning function. Check once again your planning function in RSPLAN and try to excute with trace then check how many records are generating or changing.

Regards,

Anand Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It execute correctly when I execute it from separate buttons of save and Planning sequence.