Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

batch status based on inspection type

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to control whether the batch status is restricted or unrestricted at the time of lot creation for different inspection types?

Regards,

Rishabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm sure you didn't go for search before posting this query. As appearing, you got mixed up with the Stock management criteria by different inspection types.

Inspection type 01 is stock relevant inspection and you'll get the quantity into QI as soon as GR is done (of course there are settings to change it as well) whereas, few of them are not stock relevant inspection types. Pl search about inspection types and you'll understand this.

Otherwise, you might have put the query with wrong words if it is something else !

ntn

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

I am not talking about the stock being in QI. I am saying that batch related to the stock in QI is restricted as soon as the inspection lot of type 01 is created. And for other inspection types(including stock relevant) the batch is in unrestricted status.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check for 'Post to inspection stock' indicator for the respective inspection types in material master then.

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

My issue is with batch status irrelevant of the stock type.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. batch status is NOT releated to the inspection type.

In configuration, you can define if a batch is 'released' or 'not released' in configuration by material type.  But not by inspection type

You might want to see if there is a business process where one inspection type is preferred for certain material types, while another inspection type is preferred for other material types.

That would explain that type of behavior.  Otherwise, it is probably a customized solution using a user exit somewhere to change the batch status as required.

Craig

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please tell where in configuration is batch status management done at material type level?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logistics - General--->Batch Management-->Specify Batch Level and Activate Status Management

Then select "Initial status of a new batch"

Craig

former_member479441
Participant
0 Kudos

This is happening in a plant. For 01 inspection type batch status is restricted when the lot is created. For other inspection types the batch status is unrestricted at the time of lot creation.