Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User define cr legend series

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, sap experts

When we developers deploy our winform application, the end user just have the right to view the report.

They cann't change anything, such as a chart legend series, or the style of a chart.

So, do cr sdk has any open controls to let the end user to do something with the report, more than just view.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hu,

as its a compiled winform app to view the reports, user could only use the features provided by the viewer. You could even limit the viewer function by show / hide proeprties of viewer buttons.

The users could not modify the reports unless they have a Cr designer to edit reports or if they explicitely write RAS SDK code to modify the reports (which is more unliley).

So there are no open controls to modify the report apart from CR designer.

- Bhushan

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Bhushan

As for currently, we can change some options in the Preview mode.

So, i posted an idea about this, hope sap consider it.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you post the link to your idea?

-Bhushan

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ohh,.. I see it now.

The viewer is provided with the sole purpose of letting the users view the report who do not have CR designer installed or the users who should not modify the report.

The tasks such as change the style of a chart's color, series shapes fall under report modification for which we have CR designer or we could write code to provide custom options to users using the RAS SDK.

- Bhushan

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Some of the line colors or shapes may not suite for the end users' taste.

I think it's necessary to add a functoin to the users.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hu Po, this will never, ever be implemented into the viewer. If the users require that sort of control, they have three options;

1) Use the CR designer. This will require obtaining a license for each user.

2) Create an app using the InProc RAS SDK that has this functionality built in by using the CR SDK and then deploy the app to the users.

3) Create a number of copies of the report, change the charts. Then have the user's choose which report to run

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

former_member198639
Participant
0 Kudos

Aha, i see

Thanks, Ludek.

Answers (0)