cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download custom application from Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have some custom application in Portal, is it possible download and integrate in Eclipse?

how can do it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

What kind of custom application is this? Kindly provide some more information about this application.

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Java application and Web Dynpro Java application; both created with Eclipse.

Regards,

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the version of portal that you are using, 7.0/7.3/7.4?  For java based application ,you can download the PAR file from portal and then edit in in eclipse.

Check out below link for you reference:

Finding and Downloading PAR files in Portal - Portal - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

My portal version is 7.4...

In the 7.4, are there par files?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

In 7.4 portal , we do have EAR file for java and webdynpro java based application.

Check in location :  /usr/sap/SID/J*/j2ee/cluster/apps for EAR file of custom application. This was valid in 7.3 portal.

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not ear files...

I try to load a war file from webdynpro java and it has not convert to web dynpro.

Any idea?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor Capi wrote:

I have not ear files...

You want find any, EP dont need the packed archive on the fs

I try to load a war file from webdynpro java and it has not convert to web dynpro

Not at all with eclipse, not an offence but you apparently missing some basic knowledge about devloping on J2EE resp SAP EP. SAP is providing an own adapted Eclipse version, including WDJ support -> NWDS. In generally you should be able to find your application on the fs in unpacked form. If you need the Java source of your applications you can decompile appropriate class resp jar's.

cheers

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I assume you do not have the source code project , but have it only deployed in EP. and you want to restore it to get the code into eclipse correct?

If, while creating with Eclipse you have packed also the source code files, it maybe there in the file system.,

You can also check relevant other discussions about the topic

:

Best Regards,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tal, may I ask you: Kepler e.g. is providing WDJ support? This would be new to me. We dont need any propritary NWDS versions anymore? If so I will open a bottle of champagne for you guys... Thank you,

cheers

former_member193577
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

If customer want to view Wednypro perspective and WD functionalities in Eclipse he should use the NWDS provided by SAP of course. NWDS is still Eclipse.

BR,

Tal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thank you, it seems I was confused by the vocabulery I was repeatedly corrected by colleagues from Walldorf, at my time there, to not use term Eclipse for NWDS, for such reasons

I hope Victor is also aware of it and is not searching for a WDJ perspective in Kepler....

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I am using the WDJ perspective in NWDS.

Of course, I have the projects in the server, but... compiled.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If you have <SCA file> (Software component Archive) in which your Java and WD Java <EAR files> (development components) are packed, then you can import the SCA in your NWDS and create the local DCs.

Please follow the below document for the same:

If you do not have the SCA file, then you may be interested to unzip the ear files and decompile the class files to look for the code for the reference and re-create the DC again in your NWDS with the required code.

BR,

Anurag

Answers (0)