cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Aggregates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have build aggregates on characteristics (vendor,company code,business area) of FIAP cube. In bex query i have placed company code and business area in rows and another few characteristics on free characteristics. When i execute report which on top of cube, my query not recolonizing aggregates which i have build, this i have verified in under usage tab of aggregate maintenance.

I have executed report in RSRT and Analyzer

Could please let me know what would be the reason for this..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What an aggregate Wonderful valuation.

Simple things first :

You have to be sure that all characteristict you use in query are in the aggregate.

Have you activated your aggregate after transporting the changes to prd.

Regards,

Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As i told, we have only company code and business area in rows and created aggregates on same & activated.

You have to be sure that all characteristics you use in query are in the aggregate.

you mean i have to create aggregates for all the characteristics which i have in free characteristics too

Note: We don't have any aggregates prior to this in any of the infocube.. i am creating aggregates first time, so need to do any settings for aggregates to read the data.

Regards,

PRK

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If while running query someone use free characteristicts that are not in your aggregate the aggregate will not be used.

Haven't you added anything to filter of query ? May be some time characteristic ??? . It's important too.

In your aggregate you have to include all characteristics that are used while displaying data in the query (filtering and aggregating).

You don't need to add all free characteristics to the aggregate. If you added to your query some characteristics as free characteristics the qggregate should work unless you want to drill down the data using those free characteristics.

Regards Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leszek,

Non of the characteristics added in the filter.

FYI..

Regards,

PRK

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you use some time characteristics in columns (to assess number of days).

They MUST be added to the aggregate otherwise the agrregate won't work for this query.

Regards, Leszek

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

find the trace for the query in ST05.

if not aggregates not usage deactivate the aggregates again activate for specific objects after find the obejct using TCODE - ST05.

please find the doc.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RSRT you see why an aggregate is not being used for a query. see the cases in red.

And which aggregate is being used (in green).

May be post us a picture of RSRT for your query.

After you achieve this: In your aggregate it would be good to include such characteristic as GL Acccount and vendor. Never add characterictic like Item or document no - if you do that, it will make your query working very slow.

Regards,

Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leslaw,

yes, i am using some time characteristics (Posting Date, Clearing Date & Netdue Date)in columns to derive ageing. wrt to your earlier post i have created aggregates on those time characteristics too..and executed the report in RSRT, still it is showing usage as 0 and last used column as blank. Below is screen shot of RSRT.

In RSRT screen shot it is showing that my query is not using aggregates, what would be the reason for this?

Regards,

PRK

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

(I think we've found what we were loking for)

The point is that all characteristics that you added to rows or columns or the query filter must be added to ONE aggregate. Not to combination of aggregates.

Choose one of your aggregates and add them all to it.

You can add to that aggregate some additional characteristics (those which you have added to free characteristics in the query) but it's not crucial.

Regards,

Leszek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Leslaw,

Thanks for your wonderful support and prompt response on my issue.

Issue resolved with the help of your post

Finally my query recognizing the aggregates to read the data, what you said is exactly right, need to create aggregates on all characteristics which we have used in rows & columns of report. I did same after looking your post and it is working fine.

But only thing is valuation became very less after including all characteristics into ONE aggregate, is it OK?

Once again thanks a lot for spending your valuable time on my thread.

Regards,

PRK

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very nice,

I think ++ valuation is a good one.

Some of my more complex aggregates are -- still they work fast enough.

It always depends on granularity of records in table created in aggregate - combination of characteristics.

Regards, Leszek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I see that in your query you have company code and business area together (I think you don't have vendor right?). So if you want the query to run from aggregate, you need an aggregate where company code and business area are both included in the aggregate. Just create a new aggregate including these two characteristics. (when you add free characteristics, then the query will get the new results from the infocube).

Regards

Yasemin...