cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of sales order item text to Purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD gurus,

We have a requirement to copy texts from Sales order item to Purchase requisition. The below mentioned configs I have done

1.Created a text type in SD in VOTXN transaction

2. Create access sequence

3. assigned the access sequence to the text object= VBBP (sales item texts) and to the text type created in step 1.

4. assigned the text ID to an existing text procedure and also assigned the access sequence

5. Text procedure assignment: relevant item categories assigned to the necessary text procedures

Config in MM side

1. Created the text type.

2. defined copy control to adapt the text from sales order

The problem I am facing is obvious! I am not able to see the text passed in the sales order being transferred to Purchase requisition. (we are however creating PR's from sales orders) So I am not sure if i am missing something from the configuration side?? It would be of great help if you could provide me your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Jagannath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the PR is generated from MRP, then in that case, it won't transfer the item text from sale order to PR due to performance reasons.  This is explained in detail in the following note

• Note  28533 - Adoption of sales order texts in purchase req.s

Also, if you create PR manually, then in that case also, the item text won't be copied from sale order to PR

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply! Can you tell me in what cases this configuration works? because we are not using MRP here neither we are creating PRs manually.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you gone through the "Solution" given in the above note?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. I did check the solution! transaction OMFU of 0MFU does not exist. I tried changing the field "Fixed Indicator for text" to * (star) in "define copying rules" for purchase requisition. But it didn't help!

Thanks,

Jagannath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since there was some configurational change happened in your system, better try creating a fresh document and check.  Don't try with the existing documents.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already tried with the fresh sales orders and purchase requisition But still no result

many thanks,

Jagannath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure for which Text Linkages, you have maintained the "Fixed" indicator.  Source Object should be Sale Order and Source Text should be PR.  I think, in standard, this combination won't be available in which case, you need to add this to suit your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again! Yes, cuurently Source object is sales order and source text is also the "sales order text". Maybe this is the problem. Can you advise me how can I add the "source text" as PR??