cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyzer 7.x cancelling an opened query in a workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about cancelling a query. I have a workbook (7.x) and I want to change the selection for a query. Assume that I had a mistake and want to closed selection screen then clicked on cancel button. When I did that all of the report values don't appear in the report and give an error like : 'Change variable values'

Step 1: A query has been opened and the report has the values.

Step 2: I decided to change the filtered values.

Step 3: I gave up the changes and clicked on 'Cancel' button. And I lost all my old values.

I don't want to loose my old filtered values. In Bex Analyzer 3.x, this process does not work in this way, I didn't loose my old entries when I clicked on Cancel button. Could you please help me about this issue in Bex Analyzer 7.x?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After giving all the values in the variable screen, save them as variant and use them whenever u need. If you cancel after providing the values, BEx thinks that the values are incorrect and hence will not give any result. Best way is to save the values as variant and use them.

Regards,

Dinkar Adem

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a setting "Refresh Workbook on Open" for this in the workbook.

You can find it by the "workbook settings" button in the design mode tool bar.

Please tick this option, save the workbook and try again.

Hope it helps!!!!

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavin,

First of all thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately it didn't work. I also don't want to refresh the workbook when it is opened. I just wanna keep the old values when I clicked on Cancel button in the selection screen. May it be a patch problem, do you have any idea?

Thanks for your interest again,

Best Regards

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolunay

It works this way only with 7.x version. If you cancel it, it will not give you any output. Its like you have cancelled the execution of the query/refreshing the workbook by cancelling the variable inputs.

As you might have tried this already, the only option is to click on change variables again and click 'ok' to get the result.

Regards

Karthik

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about the Patch problem, But additionally you can try "Process variables on Refresh" setting in the workbook.

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavin,

Unfortunately it did not work,too. I think Bex 7.x does not allow this process as Karthik said. Maybe SAP can publish a patch about this problem.

Best Regards,

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you think logically, this behaviour is correct. Only when you wanted to change the variables, you will click change variables option. It means that you have to give some variables and click on execute.

Once the variable screen comes up and when you change your mind to use the same variables, you will click cancel and for the system, it takes as you don't want the query to be refreshed at all.

If you don't want to change variable values and just refresh the values, you have the refresh option for that.

Hope my thoughts are not wrong.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I have a workbook which has 26 sheets and if I clicked on the change variable icon mistakenly and then cancel button to cancel the process, I have to wait for a long time. Also this worksheet is changed constantly by different department. I wanna only see unaltered state of it, the previous one that I opened before. How can I achieve this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dolunay

Please find the below thread on clear explanation on what happens when you click on change variable values.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1950871

Even if you raise it with SAP, I don't think they will release a patch to resolve this, since this doesn't seem to be bug, I am afraid

Regards

Karthik