Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD local projects not shown in WD explorer view

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have converted the old WD projects to local DCs but they are not appearing in the WD explorer view in WD perspective.  I can see them in navigator view. I do not see any errors being displayed. I am able to build them in the DI perspective without any issues. I faced this issue with a previous version of NWDS and it was happening because of the long path names. But currently my NWDS installation and workspace both are under C:/ ( so shorter paths ), still I am facing the issue.

Any suggestions would be  greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sharadha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still facing the issue. But managed to continue working by getting the SC imported from my colleague's NWDS. I am able to create WD projects from this SC and they open WD explorer without any issue.

-Sharadha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tryed to create project (right click on DC --> Synch / Create Project --> Create Project).

Regards,

Tobias.

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tobias,

I have created the local DC from an existing WD project. The 'create project' is not active in the menu in this case.

Any other pointers?

-Sharadha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shardha ,

which version are you using now currently , and here you have converted webdynpro projects to development component ?

Regards

Govardan Raj S

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Govardan,

I am using NWDS 7.3 SP12 ( latest version). I had some old WD projects which were created in lower version of NWDS. I have converted them to DCs. No errors during the conversion process. I am able to build them as well.. they appear in the 'Navigator' tab of WD perspective but not in 'WD explorer' view..

-Sharadha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sharadha ,

the conversion  of wd projects  was done in nwds 7.3  ? or in lower version of nwds ?

what i wanted to know is if conversion is done in lower verison and you were able to build them properly then you should migrate those dcs in 7.31 follow migrations step , if the conversion was in 7.3 directly , could you please explain what steps you followed to convert the dc , like  copy /replace  the src folder from wd project with src folder of the dc (newly created ) ?

Regards

Govardan

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for getting back to me. The conversion was done in the new version ( NWDS 7.3 - SP 12 ).

Steps done.

1. Imported the project into the new version from the workspace of old version.

2. The project appeared in the WD explorer view but as deprecated.

3. Converted the project to Local DC which was successful.

4. The WD project got closed automatically in the WD explorer view. The local DC was created and is visible in the Navigator view but not in the WD explorer view..

Hope this is clear.  When i tried creating new local DC in the new version of NWDS, they work perfecly fine..

-Sharadha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

After Convertion the dc should be visible in both navigator and as well as wd perspective , here it  i will be intially closed but later you can right  click and selected option as Open Project .

Can u check if any error log is getting written in the error logs ?

Regards

Govardan Raj S