Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Inspections vs. Material

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've done much reading here in the forum as well as externally concerning source inspection in QM. The overall process is well understood.

I've never actually been in a client environment where it was used...... until now. I've one question regarding source inspections:

So briefly the overview: (Not all inclusive)

1. Set 01 / 0101 insp. types (set a prefed.) activate  in MM02

3. Inspection plan is setup

3. Set up QInfo Rec.

4. POs are open

Buyer stipulates material to be evaluated at the vendor location before it's received in house.....

QM sets up the physical inspection via QI07, Mat.#, PO #, Qty., Date period, et al...

QI07, enter mat.#, vendor code, plant, opening period>>>> execute>>> see open POs, choose and Create Insp. Lot>>>>>

0101 triggers an insp. lot. >>>>> Against this inspection lot, perform RRecording (and lock, I assume)

When the material is finally received at my location, a 01 Insp. lot will be triggered to close by QE01 or QA11 UD

Where's the connection of material physically in hand during the initial inspection, espcecially if he's in California and I'm in Florida?

This is confusing... Please clarify.  I hope the question was posed correctly  😞

Verroz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For one, the soure inspection lot also gets closed with a UD.  Whether you get another inspection lot when the material is actually received in depends on the settings you selected in the Qinfo record.

The connection is via the PO.  The source lot is generated for the PO item. There is no physical material.    When you do the GR against the PO item the system is checking against the PO info for a source lot and comparing the data, (i.e. primarily the batch number).

Usaully, if the source lot has an approved UD and the same vendor batch is received in, the material is posted right to unrestricted with no new 01 inspection lot being created.

Craig

former_member188029
Participant
0 Kudos

.... and directly from the SAP QM Forum...

USE:

You create a list of mats. with outstanding POs.....(no GRs Posted, no Insp. lots created)

A source inspection may be carried out by:

The party receiving ???? but I'm in Florida

The vendor in the presence of the recipient ????? in Florida

A third party

I'm confused.....

Help

V.