cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 installation

0 Kudos

Hello guys.

Currently I am installing MDM in an existing SAP System (SAP EP 7.4, Oracle 11204) and I am getting the following error:

SAP system <SID> exists and is not suitable for this installation option.

DIAGNOSIS:Valid instance types for this installation option are MDS,MDIS,MDSS,MDLS, but instance SCS53 has a different type.

SOLUTION: Choose a different SAP system ID or uninstall the existing system

Can somebody help me please?

Thank you in advance

Matus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

Can you please help to guide me which option do i need to select, for installation of MDM , Whether it will be Central System or Central System for SRM-MDM catalog. After installation of MDM 7.1 i need to configure with SRM system.

Also let me know if for installing SRM-MDM catalog, is there any prerequisite that SRM system should be in same host as that of MDM System.

Please help to resolve my queries

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have to install SAP MDM 7.1 with MS SQL 2012 DB and OS is WINDOWS server 2012. Please help, from where to download the media files for it . It is not present under the SAP Netweaver complementary products of SWDC. Also let me know what are the components needed to be installed for it

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

location of MDM files on SMP is: https://service.sap.com/swdc -> Support Packages and Patches -> A - Z Index-> M -> SAP MDM -> SAP NETWEAVER MDM 7.1 -> Entry by Component ->...

Best regards,

Gábor

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

error msg seems to be quite clear...

0 Kudos

Perhaps for you ,not for me .. can you please give me a more info ?

Thanks

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-_-!!!!

just choose another SID

MDM is standalone system, cannot be installed on top of other system.

0 Kudos

and what about options above?

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not basis professional

read installation manual for detail

existing sap system means existing mdm system if i am not wrong.

when you add a new dialog instance for the existing abap system, it will ask you current system right?

0 Kudos

We decided to install new mdm system instead of the option with existing system and so far looks good, Anyway I have raised a SAP messsage so lets wait for the answer.

Thanks

Matus