cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mssql job to SAP B1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

i have an SQL DB which stores info from website. i want to be able to write to SAP tables (for example OCRD)

using mssql job instead of using SDK.

I'm not sure if this is possible or not.

in other words is it possible to use jobs to write or it's only SDK ?

please advise

thank you,

Samira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

javier_facessantos
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Samira

Using SQL jobs to write on a SAP table is possible, but it is against SAP rules. It is the same than if you do a direct update into the database, you risk to loose support from SAP.

I assume that it won't be any trouble if the table that you need to update is an User Defined Table, but OCRD is a standard table. If you need to update OCRD it is better to use SDK.

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for all good advises. my boss wanted to store all web info in temp SQL DB (to make the site faster) and then i will create  windows application to update SAP using SDK (running every 5 minutes using schedule task).

not the best solution, but good enough for now.

Best Regards,

Samira

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samira,

Javier and Edy are both (almost) right.

Directly writing to system fields in system tables is prohibited, because it may void SAP support as Javier mentioned. As Edy said, it would be incredibly risky. And from personal experience I can tell you that it will go wrong, that it will come back and bite you in the ass later.

However, you can directly write to User Defined fields in any table, and in User Defined Tables you can also write directly to the system fields Code and Name.

Regards,

Johan

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samira,

Most ERP would consists of 3 layers

1. Presentation Layer (UI)

2. Business Logic Layer

3. Data Layer.

The main that control how the ERP function is the BLL.

If you write directly into the Data Layer, you are bypassing the BLL thus risking corruption of data and unexpected behavior of the ERP.

One will not now also how the record in OCRD, for example, is organised and what all the columns are for and linked to which other tables. (unless you are the SAP employee that build the system)

In view of this, any ERP products will not let you modify their system data.

I have even come across one that does not allow me to read records directly from the database.

Thus, to answer your question, It is not possible to neither technically nor legally  insert records directly into  SAP system tables.

That is why a DI API is provided.

Regards

Edy