cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change assets dep method from SLM to WDV after3 months?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expertise,

One of my client want to change depreciation method from SLM to WDV after 6 month..Could you please let me know how can we configure it..could you please elaborate it with the print screen..

Thanks in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me you can go to T-Code AS02 and then mask the changes in the Depreciation key by replacing the Depreciation key of SLM to Depreciation key of WDV. But kindly consider that once the changes are done then the system will consider that activity retrospectively and so the difference of depreciation will be posted in the 7th period of depreciation posting through T-Code AFAB if Smoothing is not active and if smoothing is active then the differential depreciation will spread over remaining periods of that particular year.

Regards,

Malhar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your valuable reply..!!!

so according to you, there is no other configuration required except changing dep key directly into assets class and we can change it any time as per requirement of the client.

but there is a one more question arising in my mind that if i change dep key in the middle of month or in the middle of year then depreciation calculation will not affected, it will calculate the correct calculation.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Changing the dep key will  have the below affect;

If dep key is changed in asset master and the difference in dep due to the changes will be posted in the next planned  posting run of dep.

Suppose upto period 3 your dep is 200 each month and from 4th month your dep is 250 each after change of dep key then the depn for 4th month would be (250+150->differential of 3 periods.

Regards

Sharmila

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If it is applicable from the asset capitalization, then you have to change the depreciation key. When you run the depreciation the system will adjust the delta amount in the current run. If it is applicable from the specific date, then you have to double click on depreciation area and maintain the dep.key based on your validity.

Regards,

Mukthar

madhusoodanan_ramachandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

If you want to change the depreciation method retrospectively, just change depreciation key.  The system will recalculate depreciation according to the new mothod.

If you want to change prospectively, double click on relevant depreciation area on the asset master and change the depreciation key with a validity start date.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Madhu