cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR workflow query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a workflow currently setup for PR release. When PR is created, based on release strategy user gets an email in SBWP. When user clicks on workitem in SBWP , it opens ME54N and user can release the PR. if user will not release for some hours then deadline monitor will trigger and reminder email and new workitem will be sent to his inbox. And once user release PR, the work item will be deleted from his inbox.

Now the issue is some user release the PR using tcode ME54 manually. in this case the workitem is not getting deleted. and the user still gets the reminder emails through deadline monitor. Is there any way to map ME54 the same way as ME54N. ? Any hint solution thoughts ?.

Niki

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Niki,

Have you considered just removing access (via security) to transaction ME54?

- Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Your screenshots show RELEASED for ME54N and RELEASED + RELEASESTEPCREATED for ME54 (or did you put them in the wrong order?).

If RELEASED is what ends the workflow (check in the workflow builder) then it should act the same for both.

If it's RELEASESTEPCREATED that ends the workflow then you could try adding RELEASED as an event that ends the workflow.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Rick.

Yes. Released is the last event triggered for both Tcode ME54N and ME54. It is still not behaving the same way it should. If the Purchase requisition is released from ME54N manually , work item gets deleted but if it is released by ME54, I still see the open work item and reminders keep coming as well.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Niki

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ME54N is the only one that produces RELEASESTEPCREATED then you should disable the RELEASED event linkages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. ME54N only produce RELEASED event. ME54 produces two events RELEASESTEPCREATED and RELEASED.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please share your workflow desin screenshots

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Earlier, you said:

"Now the issue is some user release the PR using tcode ME54 manually. in this case the workitem is not getting deleted."

You also said:

"ME54N only produce RELEASED event. ME54 produces two events RELEASESTEPCREATED and RELEASED."

If ME54N creates one event and ME54 creates the same event plus another, then the deletion of the workitems must be being done by the workflow. You would have to change the workflow to react to the events from ME54.

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All. I did run SWEL and the result is as attached for ME54n and ME54.

How can I set up in workflow that this PR is released so just delete any open work item and do not trigger deadline.

When PR is approved using ME54 manually(outside), the status of the workitem is still 'ready' in SWIA and deadline triggers this workitem after each interval. Basically it should have been completed when PR is approved.

Thanks, Niki

Private_Member_46505
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

Follow the steps mentioned by Modak and about the catch point outside the fork check the status of Approval WorkItem,If it is logically deleted then PR is approved by outside workflow and if it is completed then its approved by Workflow.

With Regards,
eSKays

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niki,

As suggested Gupta please switch on the trace swel and check what event is triggering at that time.

check whether outcome is activated or not in task step.

Thanks & Regards,

Naresh.K

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Niki

When the user Releases outside the WF, check SWEL (first switch on the trace using SWELS) for the events triggered.

use that event in your workflow in a parallel fork (1 of 2 fork) . One branch of the WF should do the normal approval process + the deadline monitoring and the other fork branch should wait for that event. Remember to have an instance of the BO (of the event) in your wf and bind the _EVT_OBJCET back to the WF (to that BO instance)...else the wait for event will not work.

But there is a catch here..... I am sure the same event will get triggered when releasing from within the WF as the transaction remains same; then both branches of the fork will be running against each other to complete the fork (the approval branch via the normal approval process and the wait event branch via the event from release). So, keep your steps which are AFTER the approval outside of the Fork.

Regards,

Modak

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If users use ME54N outside of workflow, does that complete the workflow?

I thought ME54 superseded ME54N (not sure). Maybe access could be revoked?

regards

Rick