cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPY DATA FROM DATASOURCE TO TEMP TABLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fellows,

I am on BOBJ Design Studio 1.3 and later patch of HANA as datasource.  Is it possible to hold values coming from dataSource into a Temp Table in Design Studio?  If yes then can we later on apply setFilter method to get the needed data from that  Temp Table?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Tammy and Karol.

Tammy I have not explored this with Analysis Office and will be doing it now.

Karol, this issue is another approach to solving the question that I posted yesterday.  I don't want to use resultset offline. What I want to do is once my datasource is back fetching data, I want to place the result into a Temp Table so that I can use that result later.  Reason why I want to do this is because I will be making three trips to Datasource to bring three sets of records.

This is what i posted yesterday...........................................

Requirement is to take today's date and go back 7 days, 14 days and 20 days.

Now I know that I can get system date using

APPLICATION.getInfo().dateNowInternalFormat;

and then use Convert.subString(APPLICATION.getInfo().dateNowInternalFormat, 6,8); to get Day, month and year out of it.

Then I will have send data Range to DS1, to fetch past 7days data.

APPLICATION.setVariableExt("Date_range", "9/22/2014 - 09/29/2014 ")

Then send the fetch agian to populate DS2 with 14 days

APPLICATION.setVariableExt("Date_range", "9/25/2014 - 09/29/2014 ")

and so on for DS_3.

As you can see, I am making three trips to Database and my results will be overwritten everytime setVariableExt will be executed.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

you mean some kind of "offline" scenario, where you jsut create a copy and do not need any more online access to the data?

Answer is then - NO, this is not possible. As of now Design Studio is online tool.

But, Design Studio is picking up the resultset on the java stack, and then when you use charts, you can use "Data Selection", which is making similar what you want - the resultset is in the java stack and does need to be transported any more, unless you change some constellation which requires data reload.

Karol

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj - have you considered doing this with Analysis Office?  See

It has a smart copy feature going into Design Studio