cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPI Export - No default mail client CR XI r2, Outlook 2010, Win7 x64

Former Member
0 Kudos

When choosing to export a report to pdf via MAPI, the following error is received:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fullfill the request.  Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

After clicking OK, the following message is displayed:

"Failed to export the report."

"Error 2147500037 returned by function <MAPILogon>"

We are having this issue with some legacy software we develop in vb6 on multiple client machines with varying O/S, outlook versions etc.  It currently uses Crystal 10, however I have now tested with a fresh Virtual machine - Win7 x64, CR XI r2 with outlook 2010 installed and set as the default mail client and get the same error.

I preview a report, export and choose pdf format, MAPI as the destination.

I have tried various registry fixes as outlined by MS here: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/813745

Screenshot is attached of the errors, and outlook running in the background with the default option checked.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

The search term 'crystal mapi' (search box in top right corner') returned the following KBAs:

1413671 - Error MAPIResolveName when exporting a Crystal Report to mapi on Windows 7 with Outlook 20...

1453725 - Error when exporting to MAPI on Windows 7

The KBAs specify CR 2008, however I looked up the same issue for CR XI R2 in the bugs ADAPT database. The info there tells me that the issue is also resolved in CR XI R2 - Service Pack 6. For Outlook 2007(!).

I do not see any mention of Outlook 2010 being supported in CR XI R2. See the Supported Platforms documentation.

To summarize; Outlook 2010 was not supported in CR XI R2 (CR XI R2 has been out of support for a number of years). Make sure that you are using Service Pack 6. See this blog on how to update to SP 6. Look at the above KBAs, perhaps they will help in your case.

Other than that, time to update to the latest CR and .NET SDK.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response Ludek,

I've done quite a bit of research into this issue, and the two KBA's you linked to are not specifically about this issue.  However, I have a feeling we may run into those mentioned in the KBA's if we can get around this one.

As mentioned, in the test environment we have Win7 x64, Crystal XI r2 sp6, Outlook 2010 and that fails with the no default mail client error when exporting to MAPI from the crystal designer.

All signs point to this never working and I would have given up on this long ago, however we do have one machine in our office that has Win7 x86, Outlook 2010 and exports to MAPI perfectly using our software which encompasses the Crystal 10 runtime.

Im about to create a new test environment with win7 x86 and outlook 2007 to at least get a starting point where it works.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check the version of mapi dll on that working PC, you may find it's using the old one that is noted in the second KBA Ludek posted.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Don.

The machine that is working does indeed have an older copy of the mapi32.dll file.

However, after following the steps in the KBA Ludek posted, and also manually replacing the file on two different machines, I still cannot get passed the message regarding no default mail client.

Screenshot is attached showing:

1. Outlook is the default mail client

2. mapi32.dll dated 13/07/2009 (Copied from working machine) in System32 and SysWOW64 

3. Error occuring with CR X1 r2

0 Kudos

Outlook must be running for this to work....

Answers (0)