Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS on behalf of/related activities from employee profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have run into an interesting problem. This is the scenario:

we are running ESS/MSS ECC EhP5 wih MSS Add-on 1.0 and I am trying to set up the related activities for a manager, when viewing the employee's profile. This is fine and the LPD menu is set up. However, when the related activity application (e.g. HRESS_A_PERSINFO) is launched, it is the manager's PERNR being used. Now I've tried everything relating to parameters, application aliases in the LPD, etc., but nothing will force the PERNR of the employee to be used. I've also looked at all the BAdIs relating to this and in fact, none of them are called in this instance. And this appears to be the problem.

As a point to consider, if I configure related activities for the Nakisa Org chart component, this works perfectly - the PERNR is passed to memory in HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID and I can undertake activities on behalf of the employee. However, from the employee profile pop-up, the PERNR is not passed and I cannot work with the employee's data. Some screen shots to help illustrate. Has anyone else noticed this - I'm considering this as a bug as it is clear the BAdI that is supposed to be called is not being called.

When running from the employee profile...

Select the related activity... we are using the correct employee (User 2 ESS)...

but when I select the Related Activity (Personal Profile...) I get the manager...

For comparison's sake, if I do the same from the Org Chart Visualisation (Nakisa), everything works as expected... I configure the same LPD roel and instance menu against the Org Chart Navigation Field Group.

Open the Org Chart and select the Related Activity...

And I get the Personal Profile for the employee (User 3 ESS) as expected.

Furthermore, when run from the Org Chart, BAdI HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID executes. When done from the Employee Profile, none of the BAdIs listed here execute.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the parameters passed in launch pad for on Behalf of/Related activity, they would make this diff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'day,

parameters are already set, as I mentioned above. i.e. the important one being PERNR_MEM_ID. The trouble is that even by providing this parameter, it has no effect - the employee's PERNR is still not set in memory.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested in my system with the SAP delivered config, for me its working correctly, its showing  employee info. Are you testing with custom config or with the sap standard delivered config.

Make sure application alias is set to PERSONAL_PROFILE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hagen,

We are facing the similar issue. Are you able to solve this issue?

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. For us it was sufficient to navigate from the Org Chart. I'm fairly sure this is a bug. Feel free to raise a support incident.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Hagen