Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best method to update Contract Price- me32k

former_member182464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Help me find a best method to update contract price (ME32k). Few times in a year user gets a list that has Contract #, Contract Line item number and price.

Problem with LSMW is picking the validity dates from available option.

and transaction MEKR does not have a line item # in the selection criteria.

In the forum I read people using BAPI.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Darshak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best method for whom?

if you want do it from an external system, then the best method is BAPI as this is especially developed to have a platform independent way to do updates.

the best method from a cost point of view is the method you are familiar with since it is the quickest way to a result.

can you explain this sentence in more detail: Problem with LSMW is picking the validity dates from available option.

It is not right clear why LSMW does not do what you want. How did you use LSMW, it has 4 different import methods?

former_member182464
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jurgen,

I need this for the Purchasing Manager who has prepared and exel sheet with the new prices and can update with few clicks of a button. I believe LSMW is the answer.

I am using LSMW- Batch Input Recording Method and when I record the transaction ME32k it shows multiple validity dates to pick from and my question is how do I tell LSMW to pick one which is valid ? Transaction MEKR has "valid on" date, does LSMW has something like that ?

is this doesn't work I am thinking to create a new validity period. Will that be right approach ?

Thanks for your contribution to the community.

Darshak

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

recording recording recording, is that really the only option in LSMW. My LSMW has 3 more import options (standard batch/direct input, IDOC, BAPI)

A recording is static, it does exactly the same way that you have recorded. This validity period screen can be different from contract to contract, is variable.

Variable and static can rarely go together.

Hence a recording of dynamic screens, where you cannot position a cursor, cannot be used to fulfill your needs. You need to use flexible methods, which are the SAP given methods.

Sure the structures are more complex and they have plenty more fields than a recording, but nobody said that you have to use all structures and all fields.

In the recording you already decide during the recording which fields you ignore (all those fields where you do not move the cursor to), in the SAP given methods you decide this in the structure mapping and the field mapping. But in general 90 % of the steps are equal anyway for all import methods.

Click my user id, go to my content tab, filter on blogs. You can find many about LSMW which explain what you can do with LSMW beside of this recording stuff. I have even one where I explain the problems with a recording.