cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Start Date not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue with the depreciation start date displayed in AS03.

If I enter capitalization date from 29-Dec-2013 to 04-Jan-2014 depreciation date comes, 04.01.2015

It works fine in rest of the cases i.e. first date of the next period.

I am not getting the logic of its calculation. Moreover, Can I change the logic or is it system generated?

Since, I am a developer so I need to find the logic behind this.

This is very urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Shweta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Normally, the asset value date of the first posting results in the capitalization of the asset.
The asset capitalization date has an influence on the depreciation date. If you create a new asset master data for example via AS01 the system does not default any depreciation start date.

But if the asset is already created, you cannot change the capitalization date. Therefore is suppose you entered the capitalization date in a new master date. If then a depreciation start date is defaulted it can only be a substitution.

The depreciation start date has influence on the depreciation start itself.

Normal acquisition: the depreciation start date is relevant,
Transfer: the asset value date and the period control is relevant. Here the depreciation start date is not relevant, but I think your question refers only to the depreciation start date itself.

best regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your answer but am not able to find any relevance. I need to know if there is any coded statements to get the depreciation start date.

I need to check the code that how is it getting displayed so that I can get the logic behind this error.

Only thing I know is it is getting fetched from the table ANLB and field AFABG

But when I check the report behind f-90, I do not get this table and field filled anywhere.

So, the question is how is it filled?

Please let me know .

Thanks,

Shweta