cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing dynamic link in an email notification with a request id pending for approval

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement that there is an application wherein users will login to the Portal and create some Request. This will go for approval to the concerned person.

As of now, we are getting the email notification from ECC side which doesn't contain any dynamic link in that.

I want to send an email notification to the approver which has a dynamic link of that particular request which should redirect him to the Portal. I have already created a Quick link for that application but want to pass the request id parameter as well.

The dynamic link should contain the url with the request id generated. The dynamic link should redirect the approver to that particular request through Portal in order to Approve/Reject after clicking on it. Please let me know how can we do this.

Regards,
Yuvraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concatenate the Request ID to your WDA url/portal quick link and then pass it to the work flow.

You may refer this thread: http://scn.sap.com/message/10826795#10826795

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the reply, could you please help me how to concatenate WI_ID or request id into WDA URL .

Regards,

Yuvraj

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the link mentioned in earlier reply?

You can get the WDA url using,

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'APPL_NAME' " your WDA appl name

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url. 

now concatenate lv_url '?REQ_ID=' lv_req_id into lv_url.

Now pass lv_url to your workflow via business obj parameters.

You can refer this docuement on how to read the url parameters then!

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue has been resolved. The below sn thread helped me to resolve this.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Answers (0)