cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery Procedure: HowTo Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per the Business Continuity Plan project we have to implement a DR solution for our BI4.1 SP2 environment.

Here is the current environment  scenario:

I have put up a similar configuration DR environment

2 X CMS

2X Tomcat

9 X Processing Servers

Each server is 16GB RAM Quadcore with Win2008 R2 as OS.

I have attached

1) Screenshot for our current production system server nodes to give a clearer picture.

I could only attach 3 files so the rest attaching as images

What we intend to do is to test the DR capability by switching off our Production BI4.1 SP2 environment and bringing up the DR.

Can you please let me know the best way forward for the DR activity to be successful.

This is what I have in my mind:

Step 1) Shutdown Production

Step 2) Backup CMS database and restore on Recovery database[Its an oracle schema]

Step 3) Restore/Copy Filestore to the recovery system

Step 4) Delete references to the old servers by running script

Delete from CMS_INFOOBJECTS7 where ParentID=16

Step 4) Point Recovery CMS to point to the new CMS database.

Step 5) Then on each of the clustered servers create SIA's (nodes).{Although while installation these nodes have already been created I think I might have to recreate these to have their entries added to the new database.}

Step 6) Last not least on CMC validate all servers and content availability

Step 7) Validate security{How does security on folders/objects get affected by the procedure above}

I am not sure about Step 4- Step 7 as I think I might be missing something. If any of you have a detailed documentation of the process and procedure that would be awesome. Any pointers would also be great.

Thanks!

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

Here's a KBA which describes the best backup/restore procedure.

1275068 - Backup and restore of filestore and CMS database of a BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x/BI...

The recreate step is because the hostname of the DR nodes would be different along with the system specific details.

-Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice