Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Connection Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I work on BO 3.1 SP5.

I have an issue in the Connection String of the Universe. I have lot of other connection strings in my repository which points to Test / Dev environments.

I have "Con String 1" which points to the  Development database, and "Con String 2" which points to the Testing database.

I am connected to a Con String 1 for a particular Universe.

Ideally it should point to Development database. But instead, it gives me data of Testing database.

And the surprising fact is, this happens only with this particular universe. With all other Universes, the Con String 1 points correctly to Development database.

Hence, I believe, the TNS also is proper.

Does the Connection string get corrupted only for a particular Universe??

Awaiting your inputs.

Rgds,

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check the connection name in UDT parameters. Whether name is "Con Strin1" for development database. Also send me the screen-shot if anything is wrong.

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that you check your work flow for that particular universe.

Import or retrieve the universe

make sure the connection is set correctly

UDT - in the connection (File/parameters connection)

IDT - Make sure the data foundation is pointing correct connection.

Then go to fresh structure.

UDT - toolbar View Refresh Structure

IDT - toolbar Actions Refresh Structure.

The universe stores these connection properties and when a connection is changed then it must refresh.  this sends a query to the data source and updates the property information.

In either case, right click on a table and make sure you are seeing correct data,

Then save and publish to the Repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs.

I re-checked the connection, even though it was pointing to the correct DB. Went and refreshed the table structures, and it worked

Thanks once again

Rgds,

Kavitha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

"Con String 1" which points to the  Development database

"Con String 2" which points to the Testing database.

I am connected to a Con String 1 for a particular Universe.

Ideally it should point to Development database. But instead, it gives me data of Testing database.

A connection is initially stored in a local project as a local file on the file system. And can be published as a secure connection to the repository. A connection is an independent resource that can be used by multiple data foundation.

Please try below

• Check the connection (Con String 1 for a particular Universe) parameters (Con String 1 for a particular Universe- pointing to Dev DB (Dev Server/Testing Server)) for  particular Universe which gives testing database data.

• Try to create  sample report, refresh the report and check able to see the Dev DB data or not.

Note: PLEASE mark blog as helpful & answered