Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check which authentication method a user has used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of a custom system login class (subclass of CL_ICF_SYSTEM_LOGIN), I would like to determine the method of authentication used.

Specifically I want to confirm that the logon method was SAML based.

Is there a way I can do this from the ABAP side?

Regards

Dagfinn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you can't restrict the ICF node to SAML only? The used authentication method is contained in the server object, attribute IF_HTTP_SERVER~AUTHENTICATION_METHOD. The challenge is that it has the last one, e.g. if you authenticate using basic authentication and then you get redirected and the next authentication is with the security session the attribute will have a value of 10 instead of 1.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you can't restrict the ICF node to SAML only? The used authentication method is contained in the server object, attribute IF_HTTP_SERVER~AUTHENTICATION_METHOD. The challenge is that it has the last one, e.g. if you authenticate using basic authentication and then you get redirected and the next authentication is with the security session the attribute will have a value of 10 instead of 1.